Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Anything goes (almost).

Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Indrajala » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg

phpBB [video]


The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 6174
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Japan

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Samsara.


Huseng wrote:Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg

phpBB [video]


The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The very meaning of the Tibetan term Dzogchen, "Great Perfection," refers to the true primordial state of every individual and not to any transcendent reality.

-- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 14827
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Indrajala » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Samsara is getting worse and worse. We're on a downward spiral.

I'm working on bailing out of samsara. The flaming wreck doesn't have many positive prospects to it.


Namdrol wrote:Samsara.


Huseng wrote:Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg

phpBB [video]


The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 6174
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Japan

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Huseng wrote:Samsara is getting worse and worse. We're on a downward spiral.

I'm working on bailing out of samsara. The flaming wreck doesn't have many positive prospects to it.



Samsara never gets worse, we just get more sensitive.

N
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The very meaning of the Tibetan term Dzogchen, "Great Perfection," refers to the true primordial state of every individual and not to any transcendent reality.

-- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 14827
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby mudra » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 am

cycles - the age of degeneracy..
User avatar
mudra
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:55 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby KwanSeum » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am

Huseng wrote:The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.


As you say, "unspeakable" - words escape me!
User avatar
KwanSeum
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Leicester, UK


Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dreambow, Google [Bot], Johnny Dangerous, rory, Urgyen Dorje and 18 guests

>