Howl

Anything goes (almost).

Howl

Postby Sönam » Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 am

By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Re: Howl

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 pm

They shook the US. Miss him. Faults and all he was a solely needed voice in those dim dark times.

He survived and succeeded. Many of the others did not. Ah memory fails me..
One other NY poet. Talk about karma....As a child kept by his father as a means to avoid the war service. Abused misused eventually becoming a street urchin. Arrested many times for street urching things. Found in a snowstorm in a place he had broken into to save himself from being frozen. Found charged, no relatives matching bail. Eventually sent to Clinton correctional for various offenses, befriended by mobsters, he being but a innocent italian boy.

Finally a way out with initially their help upon release. Became a poet of note. Told by his father years and years ago of his mother abandonment and death. Doing a creative piece on his loss in Italy years and years later ....magically to find his mother alive and ready for his love.

He dies just a bit later of cancer.
A sad sad story....reminded me this of that. How it was quite exemplry. America 1940-s 50's... 50 years for a joint that kind of place....so strange

Met Ginsberg once....he was being released from custody. I was not....political action of some sort. Rough gruff voice and demeanor, maybe it was the place I do assume .
Young friend near me knew him, called to him with acknowledgement. A lover I guessed at the time.

Thanks
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Return to Lounge