From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Anything goes (almost).

From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Namdrol wrote:
This is due to the fact that all of the economic struggles waged by Socialists that led to the great freedom of thought that flourished in the mid-twentieth century have largely been undermined in the global capitalist hegemony.


anyone up for one of these discussions....

topics can wander all over the place....no such thing as off topic in this thread...

this thread is about capitalism/socialism and communism.

somewhere online we have all read where someone likened the Buddha to a communist.
Which i don't think He was.


maybe we can all start with what your bent or wish for a society is.

I'm a socialist through and through.

I think we owe it to one another to help the weak and allow the strong to do what they do best.

For the rich this affords them a more peaceful place to dwell in...The poor realize the rich are helping them. No threats of over throwing them or tossing eggs at their top hats...

i would go as far as saying that anything earned over one million dollars should be taxed 50% with no shelters or loop holes...


I was a communist thinking person at one time..to the point where even Lenin looked like some bourgeois from his dress and his fixation for facial hair...not to mention his lifestyle..

the whole fake Mao in his military dress was obvious a con when we view his life and lust for little girls and such....

apparently he never brushed his teeth and girls have come forward to say he was a pig....

Stalin died of syphilis and also had a lust for young girls.....i wonder how many died syphilitic due to his raping them...

these people were not true communists...they lived a very lavish lifestyle and ate and drank the best and lived in the best of conditions in countries where people died of starvation and no health care....



as for Namdrol's statement

socialism does afford us freedom of thought...it isn't hampered by capitalistic governments worried about their loss of power and the propaganda they defend in order to keep the rich disgustingly rich living next to the impoverished and the working poor ,working and living in sub standard conditions...

health care is obvious both in Canada and the untied states to be a sham for the poor.All the Rich in Canada go to the best hospitals in the states for serious stuff...


Our health care system is in tatters up here....a plethora of lousy doctors ...most of the really good ones go the states..

flakes r us ......Canada's health system for the most part....


why this:
the global capitalist hegemony


for me it is about the threats that no longer are a worry for the mega rich.

Communism is dead.....No chance of it's revival anywhere

wars are now won with zero casualties.

the German war toys of WWII proved to be the thing of the future...

the first Iraq war we killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqui sodiers....they killed something like 3 of us and we killed 124 of own with friendly fire...

the 2nd Iraq war i think it was like they killed one of us and we killed 14 by friendly fire....we killed another few hundred thousand....

so no worries....we don't need your children for cannon fodder anymore....screw you....



anyone care to jump in.... :popcorn:
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I don't care about "global capitalist hegemony" as long as American quality of life is WAY better than socialist/communist countries.

In fact I say thank you global capitalist hegemony for doing a great job!

Actually can't believe Namdrol is defending the Chinese Comunist Model, since he knows very well what they still continue to do against Tibetan buddhists. :tantrum:
Last edited by Enochian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Enochian wrote:I don't care about "global capitalist hegemony" as long as American quality of life is WAY better than China.

Actually can't believe Namdrol is defending the Chinese Comunist Model, since he knows very well what they did to the Dalai Lama.

i don't know if he was defending the chinnese model...leave that to him...

Are you a Buddhist?...you don't care as long as.... :thinking:

The quality of life Americans could have is way better than what you have now....

homelessness, no health care, corporatist poisoning everyone...working conditions....

the FAA just announced to day new rules....nine hours in between shifts....

thats nutso....nine hours isn't enough time to get home and get back to work and sleep and take showers....

i don't know about you...but i shower when i come home from work and shower in the morning....

your country is capitalist dream machine and nightmare for the working poor and out of work....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Rael wrote:
Enochian wrote:I don't care about "global capitalist hegemony" as long as American quality of life is WAY better than China.

Actually can't believe Namdrol is defending the Chinese Comunist Model, since he knows very well what they did to the Dalai Lama.

i don't know if he was defending the chinnese model...leave that to him...

Are you a Buddhist?...you don't care as long as.... :thinking:

The quality of life Americans could have is way better than what you have now....

homelessness, no health care, corporatist poisoning everyone...working conditions....

the FAA just announced to day new rules....nine hours in between shifts....

thats nutso....nine hours isn't enough time to get home and get back to work and sleep and take showers....

i don't know about you...but i shower when i come home from work and shower in the morning....

your country is capitalist dream machine and nightmare for the working poor and out of work....



Thats the best you got?

Wow go to China.

The American poor live like KINGS compared to Chinese poor.

Have you been to China?

American poor are VERY lucky and wealthy compared to other countries.
Last edited by Enochian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Enochian wrote:
Rael wrote:
Enochian wrote:I don't care about "global capitalist hegemony" as long as American quality of life is WAY better than China.

Actually can't believe Namdrol is defending the Chinese Comunist Model, since he knows very well what they did to the Dalai Lama.

i don't know if he was defending the chinnese model...leave that to him...

Are you a Buddhist?...you don't care as long as.... :thinking:

The quality of life Americans could have is way better than what you have now....

homelessness, no health care, corporatist poisoning everyone...working conditions....

the FAA just announced to day new rules....nine hours in between shifts....

thats nutso....nine hours isn't enough time to get home and get back to work and sleep and take showers....

i don't know about you...but i shower when i come home from work and shower in the morning....

your country is capitalist dream machine and nightmare for the working poor and out of work....



Thats the best you got?

Wow go to China.

The American poor live like kings compared to Chinese poor.

Have you been to China?

i loathe the Chinese government...i don't praise much of the Chinese systems...they are in free fall capitalism ...they poison kids toys...

you are belittling your america by comparing yourselves to these bastards....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Have you been to India?

Although it defeats my argument since India IS a democratic and capitalist country,the state of Indian poor would probably boggle your mind. Absolutely boggle your mind.

People starve to death on the streets, atleast the last time I went.

Your American poor typically have housing and DVD players

American way wins.
Last edited by Enochian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Enochian wrote:Have you been to India?

Although it defeats my argument since India IS a democratic and capitalist country,the state of Indian poor would probably boggle your mind. Absolutely boggle your mind.

People starve to death on the streets.

Your American poor typically have housing and DVD players

American way wins.


your preaching to the choir again...
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Rael wrote:your preaching to the choir again...


?????????????


Rael wrote:and nightmare for the working poor and out of work....
Last edited by Enochian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:24 pm

what you fail to realize, due mostly to American propaganda ...all of which we saw played out in the fight for a fair and better health system in America...

what you fail on is that socialism is the way of the future...

it works in Europe ...still being developed...they don't tax the rich enough....maybe France comes close...

Greece , the rich don't even pay taxes due to criminal minded rich people and a government so lax Germany is freaking out...lol....

you fear socialism due to the likes of Cheney and those types...lol....

yet Wall Street has no problems with social assistance....lol....but heaven help the poor.
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Enochian wrote:
Rael wrote:your preaching to the choir again...


?????????????


Rael wrote:and nightmare for the working poor and out of work....


when you talk of India and the poor there


the secound is about america's reality....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Working poor and out of work in America don't live a nightmare. They live like KINGS compared to other countries.
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Rael wrote:
it works in Europe ...



Is this a joke?

You do realize that several main European countries are in serious trouble right now right and are being bailed out by the EU?

Where have you been in the last year?

European debt crisis makes front page news every day in like the Wall Street Journal and other global papers.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_sovereign_debt_crisis_(2010%E2%80%93present)


http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourc ... b223d938c6


socialism does NOT work
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Rael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 pm

socialism is not the cause.....

get real...drop your fears....

America is printing trillions of fake dollars to help wall street....

your country is broken .....

it's being held together with band aids....

and this is only the beginning...
the last world wide great depression caused by america took till after WWII to be fixed....

your starting wars all over the place and it's not working....

your into the Opium trade and it's not working...

you tirn your back on your own people....cause and effect....

and your only defence is look at other countries....
pathetic....
Love Love Love
User avatar
Rael
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Enochian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm

America has issues, but it is NOTHING compared to your beloved socialistic Europe's issues.

By the way, you do realize American minor (compared to Europe) debt problem is from socialist programs like Medicare and Social Security right?
:hi:

You are shooting your own position in the foot.

You also realize that the reason that American college tuition is so high is from socialistic intervention right?

socialism does NOT work

Supporting socialism is worse than supporting Nazism. Look up deaths under socialist regimes.

You disgust me
Last edited by Ngawang Drolma on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate word removed
There is an ever-present freedom from grasping the mind.

Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times.
Enochian
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Caz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Image
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
Caz
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 am

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Pero » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Enochian wrote:America has issues, but it is NOTHING compared to your beloved socialistic Europe's issues.

By the way, you do realize American minor (compared to Europe) debt problem is from socialist programs like Medicare and Social Security right?
:hi:

You are shooting your own position in the foot.

You also realize that the reason that American college tuition is so high is from socialistic intervention right?

socialism does NOT work

Supporting socialism is worse than supporting Nazism. Look up deaths under socialist regimes.

You disgust me

Setting America as an example in a good light is laughable. Also, dude, just like America, you really seem to have some big issues...
Last edited by Tara on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted inappropriate word from the quoted section
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Malcolm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Enochian wrote:I don't care about "global capitalist hegemony" as long as American quality of life is WAY better than socialist/communist countries.

In fact I say thank you global capitalist hegemony for doing a great job!

Actually can't believe Namdrol is defending the Chinese Comunist Model, since he knows very well what they still continue to do against Tibetan buddhists. :tantrum:



Global capitalist hegemony brought us mass extinctions and global warming.

It also resulted in Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

Socialism brought forty hour works weeks, emancipation of woman, child labor laws, to a lesser extent the civil rights act. Etc.

Now, socialism /= equal Marxism. Marx was just one among many socialist and anarchist theorists.

I am not a socialist per se. But it is stupid not to recognize that most of the brilliant minds in the western world in the last century came from the left and not the right.

Capitalism, as it exists today, is simply the privatization of fascism.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12009
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Malcolm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Rael wrote:
yet Wall Street has no problems with social assistance....lol....but heaven help the poor.



In American we have socialism for capitalists, but not for ordinary people.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12009
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby kirtu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Enochian wrote:socialism does NOT work


Really? Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Austria, and Switzerland - they don't work? They are all overtly social democracies and they do far better with their poor than the US does.

We could list other countries as well where progressive social democracy benefits their society (Canada comes readily to mind).

Supporting socialism is worse than supporting Nazism. Look up deaths under socialist regimes.


Really? Since 1945 none of the above mentioned countries has put whole populations to death. In contrast US citizens were denied full rights based on their perceived ethnicity until 1964. During the Cold War generally more people froze to death in the US than were murdered trying to escape by the East Germans (not that I'm excusing the East German government).

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: From a Namdrol post: socialism/capitalism

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Namdrol wrote:Capitalism, as it exists today, is simply the privatization of fascism.
I think you are referring to Corporatism, Mussolinis wet dream!
:namaste:
PS Enochian, the problems we are currently having in Greece are due to neo-Liberal AND Socialist mishandling and appropriation of state assests earned with the sweat and blood of Greeces poor.
Last edited by Sherab Dorje on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9582
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Next

Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests

>