President elect Donald Trump

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
_R_

President elect Donald Trump

Post by _R_ »

Please, pray, offer, meditate, for the benefit of Donald Trump.

Thank you.
I'm the best.
Malcolm

Re: President elect Donald Trump

Post by Malcolm »

_R_ wrote:Please, pray, offer, meditate, for the benefit of Donald Trump.

Thank you.

Screw Trump, he is an asshole, and so is every one who voted for him.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote:

Thank you.

How very Mahakaruna of you! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
_R_

Post by _R_ »

Malcolm wrote:
I deeply care for him. Don't insult my grandmother from the past life.
I'm the best.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Topic moved to the lounge.
:namaste:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Thank you.
What is his special problem you want to pray for?
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

phpBB [video]
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

We have prayed for all the Presidents of our lifetime so of course we will need to continue especially now that the great libertarian, oligarchical cabal has finally gained complete control of the US federal government. But we have to acknowledge that it will be difficult for some of us. We have only heard of the enormous magnitude of evil and incompetence that is summoned into power. We have never before seen such a gaggle of warmongers and Madoff acolytes assembled in one location before on the planet. It's like something out of Hellboy.

May Manjushri, Avalokiteshvara and Vajrapani and all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas protect the world and the minds of all beings. May they perform a miracle and turn the minds of Americans and all beings to peace and thoughts of benefiting one another. May true compassion arise in the hearts of all beings. May the President-elect and his cabinet especially turn their hearts and minds to virtue. May they become teachable, peaceful and kind. May they turn away from dominating other people in thought word and deed. May they be blessed with wisdom and compassion and only perform deeds that benefit beings. May they turn away from the mind and deeds of Asuras and embrace the actions of true Charkravartins's in working to establish a golden age for all beings in true peace and prosperity with no one excluded. May they love all beings and only think of kindly establishing the golden age of lovingkindness, peace and prosperity.
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

kirtu wrote:We have prayed for all the Presidents of our lifetime so of course we will need to continue especially now that the great libertarian, oligarchical cabal has finally gained complete control of the US federal government.
Which member (of his proposed administration) is libertarian? They don't sound libertarian to me, certainly not Trump. They sound like the same old tea party Republican mantra of "we can't help the poor, that costs too much" and then go and spend billions and trillions on defense build-up and wars.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

_R_ wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Some of our grandmothers from past lives are complete assholes in this one.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

David N. Snyder wrote:
kirtu wrote:We have prayed for all the Presidents of our lifetime so of course we will need to continue especially now that the great libertarian, oligarchical cabal has finally gained complete control of the US federal government.
Which member (of his proposed administration) is libertarian? They don't sound libertarian to me, certainly not Trump. They sound like the same old tea party Republican mantra of "we can't help the poor, that costs too much" and then go and spend billions and trillions on defense build-up and wars.

Many Tea Partiers described themselves as libertarian, as do people associated with the Koch empire, etc. It may not be LP-brand libertarianism, but "libertarian" attitudes about business regulation abound with that crew, for obvious reasons. De regulation has been a mantra for years within mainstream conservativism..I agree it's not really libertarian if you want to get technical, but they don't.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May the President-elect be blessed with all the wisdom and compassion of all the Buddhas. May he be overwhelmed with remorse for having publicly mocked a disabled reporter. May his heart be filled with remorse. May he grow up at 70 , regret his past evil deeds and issue a formal public apology for this past disgraceful behavior. May he then initiate a program to help Americans overwhelmed by that very same evil behavior to turn away from discriminating against others and embracing all beings as our brothers, sisters, mothers and father.

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
_R_

Post by _R_ »

Ayu wrote:Topic moved to the lounge.
May I ask why?
Ayu wrote: What is his special problem you want to pray for?
For his benefit, preferably.
I'm the best.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

_R_ wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Hi Winston,

I'm glad to see that you've become convinced that you love Big Brother. One question that has never been resolved for me:

If you love Big Brother, does he love you back?

Your pal,
E Goldstein
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

_R_ wrote:
Ayu wrote:Topic moved to the lounge.
May I ask why?
It is obvious, the OP is not a genuine request for prayers on somebody who is suffering. You didn't suggest anything, why it is necessary to pray for Trump especially now more than for other suffering people.
On the contrary, if we look at the masses of endangered people, who are sick, who died recently, who are poor or have any other special problem - the demand to pray for a wealthy man, who is able to fulfill his personal weird dreams, seems to have no other intention than stirring the pot at DW. ;)

Or, if you are asking authentically, then you didn't understand the purpose of the subforum "Prayers and Aspirations". :shrug:
This topic invites to probably full length discussions, which are not that appropriate in the former subforum.
In the lounge this topic has more chances to stay on topic. In "Prayers and Aspirations" it was off topic from post #1. :offtopic:
_R_

Post by _R_ »

Ayu wrote: It is obvious, the OP is not a genuine request for prayers on somebody who is suffering.
It is genuine. I think I know it better than you do, no offense.
You didn't suggest anything,
I did, for his benefit, you can also think of it as a sönam.
why it is necessary to pray for Trump especially now more than for other suffering people.
That's your perception that when one is wealthy, affluent, in a position of power that he's not suffering. I believe, that Siddhartha gave up his kingdom for a good reason.
Or, if you are asking authentically, then you didn't understand the purpose of the subforum "Prayers and Aspirations".
What part did I misunderstood? There are plenty prayer requests for people I don't know, why should it be different in the case of President elect Trump? Or do you impose your own feelings on the subject, that we shouldn't pray for people we hate?
This topic invites to probably full length discussions, which are not that appropriate in the former subforum.
That has more to do with the demographic of the forum than my post, which was only one sentence. You can hardly blame that.
In "Prayers and Aspirations" it was off topic from post #1.
No, it wasn't.
I'm the best.
AlexMcLeod

Post by AlexMcLeod »

Your feelings are valid. I felt the same the past two elections. This is the reason the Constitution was written the way it was. If we followed the Constitution correctly, no one would be worried that losing this trumped up football game would greatly personally affect them. That is why the founders limited the power of the executive branch.
Relax! Smile From The Heart!
There is a difference between the Mundane and the Transcendental. If you purposefully confuse them, I will ignore you, you nihilist.
There is no Emotion, there is Peace. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge. There is no Passion, there is Serenity. There is no Death, there is the Force.

Return to “Lounge”