for fun

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
genkaku

for fun

Post by genkaku »

If anything goes and there's nothing here ... well of course I had to muck things up! :)
Ben

Re: for fun

Post by Ben »

Maybe the reason there was nothing here is because it all went. Because, as we know, almost anything goes in this forum! You could say its non-stick teflon coated!
Cheers

Ben
Jechbi

Post by Jechbi »

‘But the time comes, sooner or later after a long period, when this world begins to expand. In this expanding world an empty lounge appears. And then one being, from exhaustion of his life-span or of his merits, falls from the Zen forum and arises in the empty lounge. And there he dwells, mind-made, feeding on delight, self-luminous, moving through the air, glorious — and he stays like that for a few minutes.

2.4. ‘Then in this being who has been alone for a few minutes there arises unrest, discontent and worry, and he thinks: “Oh, if only some other beings would come here!” And other beings, from exhaustion of their life-span or of their merits, fall from Dhammawheel or somewhere and rise in the new lounge as companions of this being. And there they dwell, mind-made, and they stay like that for a few minutes.

2.5. ‘And then, monks, that being who first arose there thinks: “I am Brahma, the Great Brahma, the Conqueror, the Unconquered, the All-Seeing, the All-Powerful, the Lord, the Maker and Creator, Ruler, Appointer and Orderer, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be. These beings were created by me. How so? Because I had this thought: ‘Oh, if only some other beings would come here!’ That was my wish, and then these beings came into this existence!”

But those beings who arose subsequently think: “This, friends, is Brahma, Great Brahma, the Conqueror, the Unconquered, the All-Seeing, the All-Powerful, the Lord, the Maker and Creator, Ruler, Appointer, and Orderer, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be. How so? We have seen that he was here first, and that we arose after him.”
Not that any of us would go and do something like that ... ;)
On Twitter at http://twitter.com/_jechbi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
termite

Post by termite »

The Brahma-doubters always arrive third. Just ahead of the guy with the tinfoil hat. :alien:

Return to “Lounge”