Exorcism for a nation

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Nicholas Weeks

Exorcism for a nation

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Things are so bad that exorcists are trying to expel some of the demonic forces from the entire nation of Mexico.

http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/A ... p?id=12235
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Malcolm

Re: Exorcism for a nation

Post by Malcolm »

Nicholas Weeks wrote:Things are so bad that exorcists are trying to expel some of the demonic forces from the entire nation of Mexico.

http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/A ... p?id=12235

While in Mexico, I suggested to some Mexicans they needed to erect 108 stupas in the country. This would definitely pacify all problems in Mexico. As would erecting 108 stupas in the US.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

How many are in the USA now; how many in Mexico now?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nicholas Weeks wrote:How many are in the USA now; how many in Mexico now?
Not so many in Mexico.

62 that I can count one page. They missed the one at Dzogchen Community in MA, so 63. Then there is the little stupa complex of William Cassidy. So may another 9 or so.

But what we need is a stupa project, where the stupas are sited geomantically.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Nicholas Weeks wrote:Things are so bad that exorcists are trying to expel some of the demonic forces from the entire nation of Mexico.
That would be quite an undertaking .....

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Malcolm wrote:
Not so many in Mexico.

62 that I can count one page. They missed the one at Dzogchen Community in MA, so 63. Then there is the little stupa complex of William Cassidy. So may another 9 or so.
There are at least 69 (including some pagodas) and a few not counted. But the Garden of 1000 Buddhas in Montana has at least 20-40 more right now.
Which is quite different from what you said above ......
Malcolm wrote: As would erecting 108 stupas in the US.
placement wrt geomancy we probably do not have.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

I think there's just one stupa in Norway...

Malcolm,
Changchub Dorje had a terma for the construction of 108 special stupas to avert the Chinese invasion of Tibet, and these were never built. But could they be built outside of Tibet, and have a similar effect (on negativities)? Or do we need entirely new termas for this purpose, or are there specific stupas already existing that would be built according to how each location is (qualifications, properties, etc.)?

And while we're on the topic of stupas, how much does a stupa with its construction cost? I know it depends on size, type of stupa, how it's made, and so on, but does anybody have an estimate price from at least the lowest price possible while still having a fully qualified and effective stupa that fulfills its purpose, like for example the stupas of Changchub Dorje's stupa terma.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

This Montana 1000 Buddhas site is impressive!!
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Paying a visit there in a few weeks, excited!
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kirtu wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Not so many in Mexico.

There are at least 69 (including some pagodas) and a few not counted. But the Garden of 1000 Buddhas in Montana has at least 20-40 more right now.
Which is quite different from what you said above ......
Malcolm wrote: As would erecting 108 stupas in the US.
placement wrt geomancy we probably do not have.

Kirt
Right, my point was 108 erected as a deliberate project, not just random stupas here and there, along the lines of the 108 stupas erected by Songtsen Gampo.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Norwegian wrote:I think there's just one stupa in Norway...

Malcolm,
Changchub Dorje had a terma for the construction of 108 special stupas to avert the Chinese invasion of Tibet, and these were never built. But could they be built outside of Tibet, and have a similar effect (on negativities)? Or do we need entirely new termas for this purpose, or are there specific stupas already existing that would be built according to how each location is (qualifications, properties, etc.)?

And while we're on the topic of stupas, how much does a stupa with its construction cost? I know it depends on size, type of stupa, how it's made, and so on, but does anybody have an estimate price from at least the lowest price possible while still having a fully qualified and effective stupa that fulfills its purpose, like for example the stupas of Changchub Dorje's stupa terma.

It was a time sensitive terma.

A proper stupa would cost at least $50,000. So one would need $5,400,000, not including the land, at minimum. That does not include zoning, permits, etc.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Malcolm wrote:
Norwegian wrote:I think there's just one stupa in Norway...

Malcolm,

It was a time sensitive terma.
That's what I thought it was, but couldn't remember entirely. Thanks.
A proper stupa would cost at least $50,000. So one would need $5,400,000, not including the land, at minimum. That does not include zoning, permits, etc.
Even if this is a lot of money, it seems to me gathering this money would be "easier" than managing all the zoning, permits, and so on. But I may be wrong. I really do hope the day comes when a project like this manifests successfully, however.

Until then, what do you think about creating tsa-tsa's of Guru Padmasambhava (Nangsi Zilnön) and/or Guru Dorje Drollö, and hiding them in specific locations in the wilderness? Any purpose in doing so?

Return to “Lounge”