NASA Has Free E-Book On Decoding Extraterrestrial Messages

Anything goes (almost).

NASA Has Free E-Book On Decoding Extraterrestrial Messages

Postby Jetavan » Fri May 23, 2014 1:57 pm

"NASA has put out a free, fascinating e-book exploring the possibility of human/extraterrestrial communication. The 300-page book, which has chapters written by more than a dozen different scholars, looks to archeology and anthropology for clues in how to decode extraterrestrial messages, should they ever arrive."

The book can be found here.
Jetavan

Re: NASA Has Free E-Book On Decoding Extraterrestrial Messag

Postby Simon E. » Fri May 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Their funding is clearly threatened again..
You can always tell with NASA. It is always signalled by some initiative involving speculative aliens or alien life forms... ;)
Simon E.

Postby reddust » Fri May 23, 2014 8:21 pm

I love all things off world alien or alternative universe beings...I think the government is getting ready to say we've been invaded by an off world race and we must come together as a human race to fight them off. No one is buying all this crap about wars and terrorist anymore. Now we have to fight off world beings. The real aliens have always been with us, it's the folk who start and profit from wars and sufferings.

So my far out speculations is -- the sightings of aliens and alien craft are just government projects. Fleshy robots, GMO people and advanced technology they haven't told us about.

I dunno if any advanced off world race would want anything to do with humans we are so mean, except maybe eat us :twothumbsup:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
reddust

Postby Adi » Sat May 24, 2014 1:19 am

I'm always hopeful the Star Trek version of first contact will play out. NASA is, right now, attempting to create the first warp bubble at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. Perhaps a passing Vulcan scout ship will detect it, land, and "unite humanity in a way not even dreamed of before."

Adi

PS And thanks for posting about this book. That just solved some holiday gift ideas rather nicely. :)
Adi

Postby dharmagoat » Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 am

Communication with an alien is easy: They hold up a flower and we smile.
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat

Postby plwk » Sat May 24, 2014 4:14 am

My message to them:
To those that are here: RUN!
To those that are thinking of coming here: DON'T
plwk

Return to Lounge