Study on Telepathy

Anything goes (almost).

Study on Telepathy

Postby Jesse » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Meanwhile, with the rise of quantum biology, Radin can start to tug at the beginning of an explanation for the correlation that rises between people who are physically separated. Telepathy, he says, looks something like quantum entanglement: When things are correlated at a distance without energy transferred between the two points.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/lo ... 120212.htm
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Re: Study on Telepathy

Postby tellyontellyon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 pm

My teacher - a Tibetan Lama - says that these things certainly do happen and are well knowm. But it is best not to make to much of these things. Just let them go.
“Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
― Søren Kierkegaard
tellyontellyon

Postby han » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:29 pm

My old teacher was telepathic - to a strong degree. One finds one cannot stay a skeptic in the face of new 'realities' :popcorn:

PS agree that these are not things to be dwelt on - any siddhis as I understand are not the reason for practice, or else they become another obstacle of practice
The highest teaching is selfless love . Who can meet this standard?
han

Postby Jesse » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:25 am

Well, this is more about proving telepathy exists with objective evidence. No matter what we think, it's but an opinion without proof.
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Postby tellyontellyon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Here is a non-buddhist talk by a scientist called Rupert Sheldrake, he covers telepathy and has conducted experiments. The talk covers more than that, but is very intersting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPccMlgug8A
“Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
― Søren Kierkegaard
tellyontellyon

Postby theanarchist » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm

han wrote:My old teacher was telepathic - to a strong degree. One finds one cannot stay a skeptic in the face of new 'realities' :popcorn:

The late Nyoshul Khenpo was definitely, too. I know it from first hand experience and an older disciple agreed to me that this had been very common experience with him.
theanarchist

Postby theanarchist » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Jesse wrote:Well, this is more about proving telepathy exists with objective evidence. No matter what we think, it's but an opinion without proof.

There is no proof because accomplished masters with such abilities would never agree to be tested for it.
theanarchist

Postby Jesse » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:24 pm

theanarchist wrote:
Jesse wrote:Well, this is more about proving telepathy exists with objective evidence. No matter what we think, it's but an opinion without proof.

There is no proof because accomplished masters with such abilities would never agree to be tested for it.

Accomplished masters are not the only ones who exhibit telepathy, in fact I would assume it's very common and most of us have experienced it in small ways. There are plenty of people who would agree to be tested, as pointed out in the article I posted.
Jesse

Postby theanarchist » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Jesse wrote:Accomplished masters are not the only ones who exhibit telepathy, in fact I would assume it's very common and most of us have experienced it in small ways..

True. I know those little experiences. Butthe difference is, in most cases normal people can not use it deliberately.
theanarchist

Postby Jesse » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:38 pm

theanarchist wrote:
Jesse wrote:Accomplished masters are not the only ones who exhibit telepathy, in fact I would assume it's very common and most of us have experienced it in small ways..

True. I know those little experiences. Butthe difference is, in most cases normal people can not use it deliberately.

I think you hold these masters in too high a regard. They are normal people just like everyone else.
Jesse

Postby theanarchist » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Jesse wrote:
theanarchist wrote:

I think you hold these masters in too high a regard. They are normal people just like everyone else.

I don't know even a single "normal" person who is able to have a chat with you in your head and who even finds it amusing that you are puzzled and not completly sure what is going on.
theanarchist

Postby Jesse » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm

theanarchist wrote:I don't know even a single "normal" person who is able to have a chat with you in your head and who even finds it amusing that you are puzzled and not completly sure what is going on.

I do, It's called delusion. The self is a very fickle thing, and I can assure you the mind is perfectly capable of taking on the form of more than one at a time, and in fact most of the time it finds doing so quite hilarious, I suppose you could also call it mara.
Jesse

Return to Lounge