What Happened to The Big View

Anything goes (almost).

What Happened to The Big View

Postby IdleChater » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:04 pm

I used to check into The Big View forum from time to time.

Then one day it was gone.

Kinda like eSangha, but with no word as to what happened.

Anyone know?
IdleChater

Re: What Happened to The Big View

Postby greentara » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Interesting,no idea. On that note what happened to Thrasymachus....I hope he wasn't shown the door?
greentara

Postby padma norbu » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 pm

greentara wrote:Interesting,no idea. On that note what happened to Thrasymachus....I hope he wasn't shown the door?

Did he ever have anything to say about Buddhism? I recall he was asked several times by at least one moderator about his intentions on the board since he didn't seem to have any interest in Buddhism and actually made some seemingly inflammatory statements against it. Though I witnessed this question asked publicly at least 2 or 3 times, I never once saw Thras answer publicly. He just ignored the question and continued arguing about veganism.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Postby greentara » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:55 pm

padma norbu, What you say is sort of true. I think his vegan interest was Buddhist in outlook...not harming( or guzzling) any living being. He was a tad negative but sometimes had an interesting turn of phrase. Anyway his outlook wasn't pedestrian and I thought his postings were worth a read.
greentara

Return to Lounge