Little Prayer Flags

Anything goes (almost).

Little Prayer Flags

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 am

Hi all,

I keep receiving little paper prayer flags in the mail. Somehow I got onto a mailing list that encourages people to sign petitions for freedom for Tibet, and in each package is a little set of prayer flags. The letters are from Richard Gere and there's always a form letter from HHDL included too.

I hung up one of the sets two years ago and they're still in excellent condition, just slightly faded. I have them hanging over my front door. So even though they're paper and small, they seem to be pretty sturdy and when the wind blows, the blessings blow away too. Although this isn't conventional, you could even hang them over your shrine or anyplace where you can see them often to enjoy them.

I now have a collection of five sets or prayer flags and I would love to share them. If you're interested, please send me a PM or email me at: jlaura at buddhist dot com
If you include your mailing address I can send them right out to you.

Kind wishes,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Re: Little Prayer Flags

Postby plwk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Oh they're meant to be hung?
Today, I was at a Buddhist bookstore and saw a pack of paper prayer flags with the windhorse design and when enquired with a guy what it's for, he says it to be flung in the air (similar to the Chinese custom of flinging joss paper money for the dead at the grave or on the way to the grave). I was like :shrug:
Then again, the guy's a new employee..shld have talked to the owner...
plwk

Return to Lounge