Using the Tibetan Mo

Anything goes (almost).

Using the Tibetan Mo

Postby Nilasarasvati » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Does anybody ever do this? I have Mipham Rinpoche's commentary on the practice, but for an inveterate practitioner of different forms of divination for years, it seems less vast than I Ching and less pragmatic than Tarot. It seems like you need a substantial amount of intuition even clairvoyance to make specific, mundane judgements about course of action taken etc.

It also seems strange that you only throw the two dice once, rather than using a method that gives greater statistical variance. I wonder if I could be doing it better or something.
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Re: Using the Tibetan Mo

Postby kirtu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 am

Nilasarasvati wrote:Does anybody ever do this? I have Mipham Rinpoche's commentary on the practice, but for an inveterate practitioner of different forms of divination for years, it seems less vast than I Ching ...

As it turns out I have done Mo but in general I use the I Ching. I have a relationship with the I Ching and with Mo one is supposed to do retreat first to begin with.

However I have found it to be invaluable when I used it (once or twice) and actually it reinforced the I Ching.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Using the Tibetan Mo

Postby Nilasarasvati » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 am

kirtu wrote: I have a relationship with the I Ching and with Mo one is supposed to do retreat first to begin with.

However I have found it to be invaluable when I used it (once or twice) and actually it reinforced the I Ching.

Kirt

I too have done simultaneous readings and they are very mirrored. It's amazing.
However, please tell me more about this retreat thing--is there a specific retreat one does to prepare oneself for a serious Mo casting or...is it just a more general expectation?
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Return to Lounge