Buddhism: Made for the Internet

Anything goes (almost).

Buddhism: Made for the Internet

Postby plwk » Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Buddhism is a largely de-centralised religion, with ancient communities throughout Asia and more modern practitioners in Australia and across the world.
Mapping the modern day face of the religion proved a difficult task for Professor Lewis Lancaster, until he struck on the idea of a digital atlas.

More here
plwk

Re: Buddhism: Made for the Internet

Postby dyanaprajna2011 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Thankfully Buddhism is prevalent on the internet. If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't know as much about Buddhism as I do, I probably wouldn't even barely know of it's existence at all. I live in a primarily conservative Christian area, so finding information on Buddhism in other places is few and far between.
"If you want to travel the Way of Buddhas and Zen masters, then expect nothing, seek nothing, and grasp nothing." -Dogen
dyanaprajna2011

Re: Buddhism: Made for the Internet

Postby Wayfarer » Wed May 08, 2013 2:43 am

On a personal note, Rachael Kohn, who is the host of that radio program, used to teach at University of Sydney when I was an undergraduate. Great teacher with wide knowledge and excellent critical skills. Her radio program is one of a kind also.
Learn to do good, refrain from evil, purify the mind ~ this is the teaching of the Buddhas
Wayfarer

Return to Lounge