Beautiful Dhamma songs/Chantings

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
tidathep

Re: Beautiful Dhamma songs/Chantings

Post by tidathep »

sawaddee Ka :hi:

I found a cute story..beautiful painting/statue of Guan-Yin...The Goddess Of Mercy!!

Guanyin And A Disabled Boy "Shancai"
[Wikipedia]

Legend has it that Shancai (also called Sudhana in Sanskrit) was a disabled boy from India who was very interested in studying the dharma. When he heard that there was a Buddhist teacher on the rocky island of Putuo he quickly journeyed there to learn. Upon arriving at the island, he managed to find Guanyin despite his severe disability.

Guanyin, after having a discussion with Shancai, decided to test the boy's resolve to fully study the Buddhist teachings. She conjured the illusion of three sword-wielding pirates running up the hill to attack her. Guanyin took off and dashed to the edge of a cliff, the three illusions still chasing her.

Shancai, seeing that his teacher was in danger, hobbled uphill. Guanyin then jumped over the edge of the cliff, and soon after this the three bandits followed. Shancai, still wanting to save his teacher, managed to crawl his way over the cliff edge.

Shancai fell down the cliff but was halted in mid-air by Guanyin, who now asked him to walk. Shancai found that he could walk normally and that he was no longer crippled. When he looked into a pool of water he also discovered that he now had a very handsome face. From that day forth, Guanyin taught Shancai the entire dharma.

tidathep :heart:
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

KonchokZoepa wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KC4yZwV ... goCnLGcS3k <-- Cinta Mani Chakra Dharani
------------
Sawaddee Ka...KonchokZoepa,

Very sweet dhamma song! I'm so impressed to know that ....The singer also compose and arrange all her music here,Malaysian Buddhist living in Kuala Lumpur.....wow! I wish I understand the meaning...the only word I know in the song is...."maha-karuna(metta).

Love the song!
tidathep :anjali:
krodha

Post by krodha »

Palden Rangjung: Homage to Ekajati

phpBB [video]
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

[quote="asunthatneversets"]Palden Rangjung: Homage to Ekajati
----------
Sawaddee Ka...Asunthatneversets,

Thank you very much for the video clip..I've never seen EKAJATI......so I yahoo searched to see the information!

Ekajaṭī or Ekajaṭā, (Sanskrit; Tibetan: ral chig ma. English: One Braid of Hair), also known as Māhacīna-tārā,[1] one of the 21 Taras, is one of the most powerful and fierce goddesses of Indo-Tibetan mythology. According to Tibetan legends she is an acculturation of the Bön goddess of heaven, whose right eye was pierced by the tantric master Padmasambhava so that she could much more effectively help him subjugate Tibetan demons. Ekajati is also known as 'Blue Tara'. She is generally considered one of the three principal protectors of the Nyingma lineage, along with Rāhula and Vajrasādhu (Dorje Legpa).

Often she appears as liberator in the mandala of Green Tara. Along with that her ascribed powers are removing the fear of enemies, spreading joy and removing personal hindrances on the path to enlightenment.

Ekajati is the protector of secret mantras and "as the mother of the mothers of all the Buddhas," represents ultimate unity. As such her own mantra is also secret. She is the most important protector of the Vajrayana teachings, especially the inner tantras and termas. As the protector of mantra she supports the practitioner in deciphering symbolic dakini codes and properly determines appropriate times and circumstances for revealing tantric teachings. Because she completely realizes the texts and mantras under her care, she reminds the practitioner of their preciousness and secrecy.[2]

tidathep :thanks:

Return to “Lounge”