i experienced awakening/Enlightenment

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Re: i experienced awakening/Enlightenment

Postby Infinite » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:This is a recorded message: hellbike has left samsara and will be unavailable to answer to your posts. Thank you!

It is too bad he couldn't answer some questions before he cast himself into the cosmos. Oh well maybe the next enlightened one will pop up here to answer all my inane questions.
Infinite

Postby LastLegend » Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm

hellbike wrote:Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Also, i wonder how many people have experienced this - because i know only 1. maybe this is common and this topic is unnecessary.

A flash of lightning will let one see the road. Then going back to being blind again. :twothumbsup:
I have not such experience really.
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)
LastLegend

Postby muni » Thu May 03, 2012 8:05 am

I am really good in seeing passing experiences of fellows while standing on my high rock.
muni

Postby hellbike » Thu May 03, 2012 8:13 pm

what i have experienced is called kensho.
It was long time ago.

Your (doesn't matters whos exactly) view that I'm deluded is result of believing in black & white world (at least i think so). This irritates me.
Last edited by hellbike on Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellbike

Postby Josef » Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 pm

hellbike wrote:what i have experienced is called kensho.
It was long time ago.

Your view that I'm deluded is result of believing in black & white world (at least i think so). This irritates me.

When you recognize that you are deluded you will have a far more profound realization than your kensho experience.
We are all deluded, it's extremely important that we recognize this so we can work and apply the teachings in the proper way.
Josef

Postby Blue Garuda » Thu May 03, 2012 8:33 pm

It was long time ago.

Your view that I'm deluded is result of believing in black & white world (at least i think so). This irritates me.

You are irritated? And enlightened? Hmm.

Your thread title makes no mention of 'Kensho', and in fact what you claim in that and in your early description is 'Daigo'. You seem to be making it up as you go along and when challenged, changing the label.

Good luck - you start from where you are, with 'enlightenment' lost.
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby Lhug-Pa » Thu May 03, 2012 8:39 pm

pemachophel wrote:Hellbike, For information on meeting a realized Tibetan Buddhist master in Poland this summer, go to "Tibetan Buddhism," "Nyingma," and then "Dupa Do" on this forum. Here you'll read about a series of initiations being given this summer in Poland by the current head of the Nyingma lineage. This is the real deal. I'm sure you won't be sorry.

That^^^ :good:

And also the free webcasts of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. :anjali:
Lhug-Pa

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm

It was long time ago.

Your (doesn't matters whos exactly) view that I'm deluded is result of believing in black & white world (at least i think so). This irritates me.
Having a flash of insight is not the same thing as enlightenment. When one is enlightened they cannot revert back to ignorance. We are all deluded, so don't get your knickers in a twist. Maybe (definitely) we shouldn't have mocked your claim, we should have just calmly explained to you what we believe you experienced, thing is, you cannot even begin to imagine how many enlighted people have come to this board. Guess what? None of them was enlightened. Maybe one day an (actual) enlightened person will come to this board and claim to be awakened, I imagine that the response they will receive will be similar to case of the boy that cried wolf, only this time the villagers will be eaten and not the boy. :tongue: Oh well.

It would be a good idea to go see one of the teachers people referred you to. With some perserverance you will (maybe) experience that flash again, only this time you will know what it is and not get attached to it. Next time it will be a step towards enlightenment instead of just another basis for affliction.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Josef » Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 pm

gregkavarnos wrote: With some perserverance you will (maybe) experience that flash again, only this time you will know what it is and not get attached to it. Next time it will be a step towards enlightenment instead of just another basis for affliction.
:namaste:

Well said.
Josef

Previous

Return to Personal Experience