A Wonderful Thing

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

A Wonderful Thing

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

A wonderful thing just happened to me.

My baby sister whom I hadnt spoken to in seven years found me on facebook and we just spoke on the phone.

Without giving a long boring story I can just let you know that the reason we didnt speak was because of ongoing family trouble.

I had to wait for her to grow up before we could re-connect and establish a relationship.

Without the foundation of the dharma in my life I would never have been able to patiently wait for her to be ready to reach out to me nor would I have been confident in my ability to be play a positive role in her life when she did.

She has always been very dear to me and I am incredibly proud of her and grateful to all of my teachers and dharma friends for helping be become the man I am today.

I just wanted to share this little bit of an experience with you all because I feel it reflects how simply wonderful the impact of dharma can be in such diverse realms of our lives as practitioners.
Josef

Re: A Wonderful Thing

Postby Mr. G » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 pm

That's great Nangwa. :group:
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Return to Personal Experience