What is it called when?

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

What is it called when?

Postby SpinningDjinn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:33 pm

What is it called when all reflections cease to exist?
SpinningDjinn

Re: What is it called when?

Postby maybay » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

When reflections cease to appear I call it nirvana.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
maybay

Postby White Lotus » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 pm

it is called the non reflecting mind... where ego has been extinguished and then 'own' nature. but theres still something to perceive. i am ''not'' cannot be uttered by the non reflecting mind.

its dangerous to experiment with states of abscence without guidance and support from a learned master.

if you have reached non reflecting mind, you are doing very well. not far from tasting Nirvana.

best wishes, Tom.

ps. do you see the true nature of all things? unless you do you cannot claim to have non reflecting mind. dont become attached to this mind. keep on going!
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Postby Josef » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:18 pm

When reflections no longer appear that means you're a vampire.
Josef

Postby Paul » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Nangwa wrote:When reflections no longer appear that means you're a vampire.

Or maybe you've just broken your mirror. Seven years' bad luck :(
This nature of mind is spontaneously present.
That spontaneity I was told is the dakini aspect.
Recognizing this should help me
Not to be stuck with fear of being sued.

-Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Paul
Global Moderator

Postby Aemilius » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Seriously speaking it could be one of the four formless dhyanas (arupa dhyana), or a one of the higher form dhyanas (rupa dhyana). See Dhyana in Buddhism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dhy%C4%81na_in_Buddhism
svaha
Aemilius

Postby White Lotus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:03 pm

having said that one must see the nature of things before recognising non reflecting mind, i must add that when own nature is extinguished one no longer has a within to compare with a without. therefore one no longer recognises emptiness. when you loose own nature your dharma eye closes and you are left with non reflecting mind. this state has been called Great Icchantika in soto zen, by Patriarch Kaizan Roshi in his transmission of the lamp. dont stop there.

no longer attending those midnight parties, or ghostly swares.

best wishes, Tom.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Return to Personal Experience