Thank you and Namaste

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Thank you and Namaste

Postby seagrace » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I just want to extend a big thanks to everybody that participates here. I don't post much but I read a lot. I'm not the most diligent Buddhist, but hey, I'm on my own path and working it out. This site really helps to ground me. I participate on a offroad forum that is populated by some pretty opinionated people who have no problem sharing exactly how they feel about you and your posts - I used to get into it with them, tossing the jabs back in their face, pointing out none too politely where there logic is flawed and generally contributing to the unhappiness there. After finding this site, doing some more meditating and reading, I am finally able to shed the hostility and not respond in kind.

No big deal, no epiphanies, no enlightenment (yet), but I am grateful. Thank you ALL. :namaste: :bow:
seagrace

Re: Thank you and Namaste

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:55 pm

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel !

and thanks for the nice words and hope that this continues to help.

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Drolma » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 am

:hi:
Drolma

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:07 am

Greetings Seagrace,

I'm very pleased you're finding benefit in the site and are finding it conducive to your practice.

Feel free to post and ask questions where you think it would be of benefit to yourself and the community.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby thornbush » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 am

thornbush

Postby Luke » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Welcome, Seagrace! (I like your screen name because I grew up near the ocean.)

Thank YOU posting your thoughts and feelings. I'm glad you like this site. We're mostly just kind-hearted amateurs here. You sound like a kind-hearted amateur yourself, so feel free to post away.

I think it would be ridiculous to see flame wars on a Buddhist forum, so I'm very glad that we've been able to keep Dharma Wheel polite and civil.

Good luck with your Buddhist path,

Luke
Luke

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 pm

seagrace wrote:I just want to extend a big thanks to everybody that participates here. I don't post much but I read a lot. I'm not the most diligent Buddhist, but hey, I'm on my own path and working it out. This site really helps to ground me. I participate on a offroad forum that is populated by some pretty opinionated people who have no problem sharing exactly how they feel about you and your posts - I used to get into it with them, tossing the jabs back in their face, pointing out none too politely where there logic is flawed and generally contributing to the unhappiness there. After finding this site, doing some more meditating and reading, I am finally able to shed the hostility and not respond in kind.

No big deal, no epiphanies, no enlightenment (yet), but I am grateful. Thank you ALL. :namaste: :bow:

Hi Seagrace,

I'm so glad that you're enjoying your experience here! I've been at websites where there was a lot of flaming, and it gets tiresome to have to put on all your armor before visiting. I hope you continue to find worthwhile discussions here. Please let us know if you ever have suggestions on how we can improve, too.

Best wishes,
Laura

:namaste:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Personal Experience