Eye of the Dharma

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Eye of the Dharma

Postby White Lotus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:12 pm

:namaste: seeing your own nature is the eye of the dharma. when you see your own nature you are able to see the nature of reality. own nature and object nature of things being the same. until seeing your own nature has occured you cannot accurately comment of the dharma. this is since the seeing of ones own nature is the eye of the dharma. it is not 'open' until one sees ones own nature.

actually you already see your own nature, but it is so normal that you miss it. seeing your own nature is like seeing the space before your eyes, it is ever present.
look within yourself right now and ask what is this normal feeling? thats it. nothing to it eh?!

when you have seen your own nature, look out at the nature of things. same feeling! is looking at the computer screen a different sensation from looking within yourself? no, it is the same. what is within you is no different from what is without you.

until you see your own nature you will not be able to see the essential dharma of the mahayana. An utterence such as the heart sutra, or the diamond sutra could not have been made without the individual who made it having experience of his own nature.

this is such a simple thing and once you have seen it your eye will be open to the pure Dharma. seeing your own nature is essential to an understanding of the Mahayana.

best wishes, White Lotus.

freedom, what is it?
coming and going... the same.
one meets the other.
nothing more to say.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Return to Personal Experience