NATURAL MIND RIGPA VASTNESS

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

NATURAL MIND RIGPA VASTNESS

Postby Karma Tashi G. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 pm

When i was a young boy I remember looking up at the stars in the night and once or twice suddenly feeling how deep space was! It was like looking at a picture on the wall and suddenly realizing it is a window after all and I am looking a deep landscape! For me space was always like a picture and then it became deep. Too bad I couldn't always see it that way!

Maybe natural mind is like that? Even after instructions, it appears like a picture, maybe a small circle like a weak lamp casts at midnight? Maybe true rigpa moment is when the vivid waking up to depth and vastness occurs?

Other things like Dharmakaya are maybe like that too...a picture being naturally replaced when the time comes naturally with direct truthful feeling like a thunderbolt?

When I was a young boy, I remember looking up at the sky from a hillside and my eyes trying to bore through the sky like a drill! Later I learned this was an official practice! Maybe most official practice teachings is based on young boy experiences?

I'm just really guessing! :smile:

KTG
Karma Tashi G.

Re: NATURAL MIND RIGPA VASTNESS

Postby KonchokZoepa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 pm

drilling with eyes through the star sky sounds like a practice from carlos castanedas don juan books.
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
KonchokZoepa

Postby Karma Tashi G. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi KonchokZoepa!

This "drilling" was during daytime with blue sky/clouds conditions. Night was the time for stars and vastness feeling. I remember feeling a kind of play-feeling about it! But I didn't do it very often so it was not a "precocious" practice by any means!

Thanks!

KTG
Karma Tashi G.

Postby Simon E. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Karma Tashi G. wrote:When i was a young boy I remember looking up at the stars in the night and once or twice suddenly feeling how deep space was! It was like looking at a picture on the wall and suddenly realizing it is a window after all and I am looking a deep landscape! For me space was always like a picture and then it became deep. Too bad I couldn't always see it that way!

Maybe natural mind is like that? Even after instructions, it appears like a picture, maybe a small circle like a weak lamp casts at midnight? Maybe true rigpa moment is when the vivid waking up to depth and vastness occurs?

Other things like Dharmakaya are maybe like that too...a picture being naturally replaced when the time comes naturally with direct truthful feeling like a thunderbolt?

When I was a young boy, I remember looking up at the sky from a hillside and my eyes trying to bore through the sky like a drill! Later I learned this was an official practice! Maybe most official practice teachings is based on young boy experiences?

KTG

Some teachings are based on young girl experiences.
Simon E.

Postby justsit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Simon E. wrote:Some teachings are based on young girl experiences.

Could you explain your statement, please?
justsit

Postby invisiblediamond » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Dharmakaya is seen by looking for the seer of the picture.
invisiblediamond

Postby Karma Tashi G. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Simon E!

Yes indeed! Apologies.

:namaste: KTG
Karma Tashi G.

Postby Karma Tashi G. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi invisiblediamond!

This is vipasyanna? I remember as a young man, maybe late 20s, staring at a wall, day after day after day! night after night after night! Just a wall there, white paint, sometimes in day light, sometimes by candle light. One day, my head broke open and wall and eyes and mind all snapped into one piece! The picture turned out to be a window! Probably not a uncommon thing, but it was very encouraging! :smile:

:namaste: KTG
Karma Tashi G.

Postby asunthatneversets » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Karma Tashi G. wrote:When I was a young boy, I remember looking up at the sky from a hillside and my eyes trying to bore through the sky like a drill! Later I learned this was an official practice! Maybe most official practice teachings is based on young boy experiences?

KTG

A forceful śamatha practice of that nature is a common aspect of the A'Tri (sometimes spelled A-Khrid) system in Bönpo Dzogchen.
asunthatneversets

Return to Personal Experience