supernatural experience?

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

supernatural experience?

Postby TheSpirit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 am

Have you ever had a supernatural experience...an experience that isn't common. It could involve mental or physical experience that is uncommon/supernatural. Or encounter,with spirits, ghosts, or devas. Or maybe personal experience that is out of the ordinary involving Buddhas and Bosatsus. I would love read about it. I have some experience involving spirits but I am somewhat shy about sharing it.

Thank you,
“To be fully alive is to have an aesthetic perception of life because a major part of the world's goodness lies in its often unspeakable beauty.”
― Yukitaka Yamamoto
TheSpirit

Re: supernatural experience?

Postby disjointed » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:17 am

Yep. Lots.
When I was a early teen I was reading some Buddhist texts and prayed that a Bodhisattva would give me a realization.
Later that day I had a view about consciousness' being unspecific to particular beings. Long rambling "I realized" blah blah. I don't put a stamp of approval on every idea I have just because something miraculous happens.
I was in a strange state of mind afterwards and I saw what I think was a deva, a door unlocked and opened when I approached it and while thinking about the insufficient validity of labeling phenomenon this or that something I considered transformed to the thing I considered labeling it.

Now when I am learning more about the various Buddhist philosophies, I doubt the Madhyamaka view that says there are external (dependent) phenomenon. Because if there was one thing of that variety could not transform like that. Of course there's another possibility that I'm just not a valid cognizer. LOL

Things used to move around on their own a lot, sometimes appliances would turn on without being plugged in. But that has been happening much less over the years for a reason unknown to me.

Spirit stories are fun to talk about.
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.
disjointed

Postby TheSpirit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:07 pm

disjointed wrote:Yep. Lots.
When I was a early teen I was reading some Buddhist texts and prayed that a Bodhisattva would give me a realization.
Later that day I had a view about consciousness' being unspecific to particular beings. Long rambling "I realized" blah blah. I don't put a stamp of approval on every idea I have just because something miraculous happens.
I was in a strange state of mind afterwards and I saw what I think was a deva, a door unlocked and opened when I approached it and while thinking about the insufficient validity of labeling phenomenon this or that something I considered transformed to the thing I considered labeling it.

Now when I am learning more about the various Buddhist philosophies, I doubt the Madhyamaka view that says there are external (dependent) phenomenon. Because if there was one thing of that variety could not transform like that. Of course there's another possibility that I'm just not a valid cognizer. LOL

Things used to move around on their own a lot, sometimes appliances would turn on without being plugged in. But that has been happening much less over the years for a reason unknown to me.

Spirit stories are fun to talk about.

What an experience! What did the deva looks like? Or what made you think it was a deva?

I had some experience with spirits or ghost I suppose but they were never very pleasant.
“To be fully alive is to have an aesthetic perception of life because a major part of the world's goodness lies in its often unspeakable beauty.”
― Yukitaka Yamamoto
TheSpirit

Postby disjointed » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 pm

It just looked like a pinpoint of light that had rays coming from it to about the size of a basket ball.
It was during the day and it was in my neighborhood as I was walking home.
It stood in place at a street corner for maybe a half a second and then shot off away from he house. I don't know if it vanished or was just quickly out of sight.
I heard a monk say that devas sometimes appear like that.
Now that I think of it, it also fits the description of a UFO.
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.
disjointed

Return to Personal Experience