Heard it before but never listened

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Heard it before but never listened

Postby Wu Wei » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 am

Recently I heard “Right view, and Right intention” even though I first read them years ago.

In my first post I said I have read a few books by the Dalai Lama but they never really appealed to me and at times I disagreed so much I put the book down and walked away. Recently read "Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World" by H.H. Dalai Lama and at every point when I felt that old thought of “I disagree” popping up I read on, like I had previously, only to run into more disagreement. But this time he went on and explained his position and I found myself agreeing completely in most cases and no one was more surprised than me.

A friend loaned me a book on CD he had of the Dalai Lama and my first thought was, why would I want to listen to this because I really do not think it applies to me.
The book is “The leader's way: the art of making the right decisions in our careers, our companies, and the world at large by His Holiness the Dalai Lama & Laurens van den Muyzenberg.”

But I listened to it and again it is making sense to me and it has had a rather major effect on how I look at people, I seem to be more understanding and it all seems to come form 2 statements I have heard many times before and read countless times “Right view, and Right intention”

Much of the rst I have listened to has had an effect as well but it is Right view, and Right intention that has made me more tolerant or understanding and even made things at work a bit more bearable.
Wu Wei

Re: Heard it before but never listened

Postby lobster » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 am

Wu Wei wrote:Much of the rest I have listened to has had an effect as well but it is Right view, and Right intention that has made me more tolerant or understanding and even made things at work a bit more bearable.

I would suggest this is an on going process. There are many ways to judge the limits and limitless nature of Dharma. Right view does indeed widen more and more into the other six realms and beyond . . .

:namaste:
lobster

Return to Personal Experience