Meditation and random clicking sounds...

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Meditation and random clicking sounds...

Postby Chi Wai » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Not sure if this the right forum to post. I have noticed and am puzzled by this phenomena for a while, several years. I asked several sources but no one was able to explain to me what is the nature of it. When I meditate, usually at night and about an hour before bed, I would hear random clicking or tapping sounds in front of me. There is a computer desk in front me. When I stopped meditating, the sound would be gone. When I meditate in the morning, after waking up, I don't hear this tapping sound. I am pretty sure the sound is caused by my meditation or my mind but not sure why or how. Or what does it really mean....

Thanks.
Chi Wai

Re: Meditation and random clicking sounds...

Postby Konchog1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Inner Ear Problem?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Konchog1

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 am

That is what I wondered too..I had a terrible middle ear infection and burst eardrum years ago, now I have crazy tinnitus on one side, and permanently abnormal tubes.. makes meditation interesting. See if it happens around times you are swallowing etc..
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby phaseolus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 am

One thing I've noticed -- when I remember to practice, that is -- is that I'll see or hear things that I don't normally notice, but upon reflection I realize they're things that are always with me, things that never go away...
phaseolus

Postby Motova » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:That is what I wondered too..I had a terrible middle ear infection and burst eardrum years ago, now I have crazy tinnitus on one side, and permanently abnormal tubes.. makes meditation interesting. See if it happens around times you are swallowing etc..

Aha I have this. I've had tinnitus for about 8 years now in both ears (almost half my life), and whenever I swallow my ears click. None of these bother me, and meditating with tinnitus is absolutely no problem. Though I kind of miss silence. :(

:namaste:

/Dylan
Motova

Postby Motova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 am

Chi Wai wrote:Not sure if this the right forum to post. I have noticed and am puzzled by this phenomena for a while, several years. I asked several sources but no one was able to explain to me what is the nature of it. When I meditate, usually at night and about an hour before bed, I would hear random clicking or tapping sounds in front of me. There is a computer desk in front me. When I stopped meditating, the sound would be gone. When I meditate in the morning, after waking up, I don't hear this tapping sound. I am pretty sure the sound is caused by my meditation or my mind but not sure why or how. Or what does it really mean....

Thanks.

I totally forgot about this thread. Damn, I am stupid. :applause:

I was about to type this guy's post almost word for word! :rolling:

As I have been typing this post it has already happened many times. It's been happening for a couple years now, and it basically happens during meditation or contemplation. IT HAPPENS SO MUCH! :tantrum:

Can someone please address this?
Motova

Return to Personal Experience