Meditation and sleep

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Meditation and sleep

Postby TaTa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Last night i had a very strange samadhi like expierience while sleeping. Its seems as if i was really aware of my breathing and everthing arround me in a semi sleep state. I felt a lott of energy around in my body just moving arround, i dont know if it was piti or something else. Also i think i had some kind of nonself expirience but i dont want to make any claims since it was all very fuzzy and confusing. It was nice but kind of strange and the duration of it made me freak out so i walk up and went to grave another blanket since i was cold and i was very concentrated(usually when i wake up my mind is wondering). This happend like for four hours till i decided to stay awake and finally when i felt a sleep again it was a normal sleep.

Also im having more lucid dreaming expiriences, and sleep paralisis. Even have a buddha alucination while in a sleep paralisis experience wich made me laugh afterwards( it makes me laugh to see where my mind decides to go in this states)

I was wondering how meditation has affected the sleep of fellow practicioners. Not seeking for advice since i dont give much importance to what happend but just to talk about this stuff.
TaTa

Re: Meditation and sleep

Postby catmoon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 am

I don't know why but some strange things have happened to me. I would guess that steady practice can lead to the meditation session spontaneously restarting during sleep. Once in a while I will awake with a very clear, focussed mind and vague memories of dreams that are more like meditation sessions than normal dreams. So this stuff does happen.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby lobster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 am

I once had a hyper real dream
in which I was taking my fish for a walk
It was able to 'swim' through the air . . .

Recently I had a strong emotional dream
in which the feeling was stronger than the content.

A dream I had of kwan yin last week prompted me
to visit a local shrine.

Dreams and streams. All bubbles.
No more than pop.
Fascinating no doubt. :twothumbsup:
just stuff . . .
:toilet:
lobster

Postby TaTa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 am

Anyone tried to meditated during lucid dreaming?

I had but faild in the proccese haha. It was fun though. For instance once i had that spinning sensation that i usually have during samatha practice but really intense. At other times i had hard time sitting and an other time i had a hard time breathing. I usually give up after a while and go do something "more fun" like trying to fly but also fail XD. It seems i kind of suck in lucid dreaming haha. I wish this happend to me more often XD.

As you said. Just stuff!. Bubbles are bubbles ;)
TaTa

Return to Personal Experience