Vajrayana subforums?

How can we improve this forum to better serve our members?

Vajrayana subforums?

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Now that the Vajrayana forum here is really starting to grow, perhaps it might be time to think about how to organize it into some subforums so that it would be easier to find information once it grows even bigger.

I was thinking that it might be good to have a subforum or a pinned announcement thread for upcoming teachings around the world.

I can't decide whether it would be good to have different subforums for each lineage. I like the non-sectarian feeling of unity which we have there now. Maybe there could just be general subforums like "Tibetan news and current events," "Deity yoga," "Ngondro," "Dharma talks and teachings," etc.

Perhaps other people could suggest some other categories to organize the Vajrayana forum.
Luke

Re: Vajrayana subforums?

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Greetings Luke,

Luke wrote:I can't decide whether it would be good to have different subforums for each lineage. I like the non-sectarian feeling of unity which we have there now.

Yes, that is a deliberate attempt to minimise sectarian disputes and encourage a focus on the commonalities of the bodhisattva path.

Luke wrote:Perhaps other people could suggest some other categories to organize the Vajrayana forum.

Yes... I'd be interested to see what other have in mind.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby Luke » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:06 pm

The best way might be to simply look at the posts which are already in the Vajrayana subforum and decide which general categories most of them fall under. In this way, subforums could evolve organically over time, according to what people are posting.
Luke

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks, Luke, for your good suggestions :)
We'll be sure to discuss.

Kindly,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Suggestion Box