Advice forum?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Sonrisa

Advice forum?

Post by Sonrisa »

I remember from my days at E-sangha, there was an advice forum (No, that is not one of the reasons why I am requesting one). Everyone was so helpful and I think that it would be something good if we had an advice forum where we can support one another in our practice through daily life be it problems, family, etc.

:namaste:
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Mr. G

Re: Advice forum?

Post by Mr. G »

Hi Sonrisa,

I will bring this up to the administrators and admins for further discussion.

Thanks!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

I would be against such a thing.

Seeing the esanga board on that issue....I never recall seeing anyone actually helped by anything offered. Mambers may already help others here, if they pray by asking for prayers and such.

The esanga board was almost comical at times. I remember one esanga member writeing on how she thought her neighbor was acting inappropriately as she had mistakeningly had her neighbors car towed from the apartment building where they lived, and her neighbor was unduly upset about that thing and acting in a unbuddhist fashion...She was concerned not about the towing or fact she had towed her neighbors car apparently for no good reason but because her neighbor was upset about it...

I mean....where do you start???

One example but there were generally multiple and few actually helped at all. Good for unintentional comic relief I suppose.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Sonrisa

Post by Sonrisa »

Hi Mr. Gordo! Thanks ^_^

Where would I be able to ask questions concerning (personal) practice or just on everyday life in general? I see that most of the threads here seem mostly focused on discussion on philosophy and the matter.

I think it would be awkward for me to waltz into the Mahayana thread to ask whether or not I should take a certain exam or if I need advice on how to explain something to a friend, etc. I dont know if that is what the Lounge thread is for.

But oh well, we will see what happens.
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

I guess it would be like a consulting forum which would make it more specific and specialize in helping with personal problems and cultivations that other forums vaguely covered. It wouldn't be a bad idea if possible.

Peace in Chan.
Wherever you are, that is where the mind should be. Always be mindful, and be your own master. This is true freedom. - Grand Master Wei Chueh
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Hey all,

This is still currently under discussion, but for the time being, "The Lounge" would be the best place for such questions as of right now.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Astus has added the sub-forum "Help Required" in "Personal Experience".
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Suggestion Box”