Mark individual threads as read.

How can we improve this forum to better serve our members?

Mark individual threads as read.

Postby smcj » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Instead of going to the index and clicking on "mark all forums as read", from the "unread posts" page enable an option to mark individual threads as having been read. As it is now you read a thread and then have to sort through the same long list of unread posts to find the ones you actually want to read. By eliminating the ones you don't want to read when you first go to "unread posts" it will save having to sort through them repeatedly.

Also, when you are reading a thread, have the option to go directly to "unread posts" instead of having to go back to the board index first.

Hope that was clear.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Re: Mark individual threads as read.

Postby Kim O'Hara » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:47 pm

You may just want to enter the site via "View active topics" page - search.php?search_id=active_topics
It works for me. I don't see threads that haven't updated recently (unless I go looking for them, of course), and any thread I do see that hasn't updated since I last looked at it has a different-coloured icon.

:coffee:
Kim
Kim O'Hara

Return to Suggestion Box