Deletion of messages and bans on ground of

How can we improve this forum to better serve our members?

Deletion of messages and bans on ground of

Postby gloriasteinem » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:32 am

or in case of unexeptable nonaccording and highly offensive to religious Buddhism behavior. You know what I am talking about, stances that anger is ok, that some people were even addicted to it, that offending boddhisatva is ok and even funny, these are misguiding our online users and Buddhists in the wrong direction or even path, these are also promoting wrongdoings that should not be alowed in any Buddhist community that needs immunity against such.
gloriasteinem

Re: Deletion of messages and bans on ground of

Postby gloriasteinem » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:41 am

I would also like to add deletion of images as avatars that encompas dark and darkness, these are simptomatic for people that are not on the right track, any meant as frighting or otherwise harming emotionally the online users. you have political correctness rules but you dont have religious rules and any religion has its rules of what is not allowed to believers and practitioners, these are the type of misconduct and mischief that are described ane you know them.
gloriasteinem

Postby gloriasteinem » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

I wrote the above because I've seen such users amd writtings here, these give wrong direction how things are and shoukd be removed. Honestly, I dont wanna enter religious site to learn bad practices and be learnd of 'that such things are ok' but they are not and we should draw a line of what is not acceptable and even what is highly unacceptable so that such behaviour to be stopped, if this is a religious site in its core.
gloriasteinem

Postby Nemo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:56 am

But that is actually a picture of me.
Nemo

Postby Virgo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 am

Nemo wrote:But that is actually a picture of me.

At least you know how to equip the mask and make sure you have a proper seal when the alarm sounds.

Kevin
Virgo

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 am

Here are some fun pics if anybody wants them for an avatar.
Attachments
laffing05.gif
laffing05.gif (23.05 KiB) Viewed 530 times
laffing02.gif
nyuk nyuk nyuk
laffing02.gif (22.49 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Last edited by PadmaVonSamba on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 am

Here are some fun pics if anybody wants them for an avatar.
Attachments
laffing04.gif
har har har
laffing04.gif (30.43 KiB) Viewed 530 times
laffing03.gif
ho ho ho
laffing03.gif (31.9 KiB) Viewed 531 times
laffing01.gif
hee hee hee
laffing01.gif (30.45 KiB) Viewed 530 times
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:20 am

gloriasteinem wrote:I wrote the above because I've seen such users amd writtings here, these give wrong direction how things are and shoukd be removed. Honestly, I dont wanna enter religious site to learn bad practices and be learnd of 'that such things are ok' but they are not and we should draw a line of what is not acceptable and even what is highly unacceptable so that such behaviour to be stopped, if this is a religious site in its core.

who is gonna draw this line?
what is it you don't like?
PadmaVonSamba

Postby JamyangTashi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am

If posts violate the terms of service, there is a triangle in the upper right hand corner you can use to report the post to administrators. If the post is merely misguided or is perceived as potentially disrespectful, then it might be useful to respond with compassion and equanimity. The poster's state of mind contributes to their own karma. Their post is an opportunity to help them see a more positive path since they will likely read the responses. If there is no way to help them improve their actions, then it's simply the way things are and there's no reason to get involved.
JamyangTashi

Postby plwk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:23 am

There's always the ignore function...
Believe it or not, there's no divine punishment for not reading 'undesirable' posts or users...
plwk

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 am

JamyangTashi wrote:If posts violate the terms of service, there is a triangle in the upper right hand corner you can use to report the post to administrators. If the post is merely misguided or is perceived as potentially disrespectful, then it might be useful to respond with compassion and equanimity. The poster's state of mind contributes to their own karma. Their post is an opportunity to help them see a more positive path since they will likely read the responses. If there is no way to help them improve their actions, then it's simply the way things are and there's no reason to get involved.
:good: Exactly!!! And, of course, plwk's proposal. And, in closing, try practicing Khanti/Kṣānti (kshanti): patience, tolerance, forbearance, acceptance, endurance (忍辱波羅蜜, bzod-pa) it's one of the paramita.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Seishin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 am

This topic is now locked for the time being. If anyone has any problem with a member please speak directly to a member of staff. If anyone has a problem with the rules of this site, please speak to a member of staff.

Gassho,
Seishin
Seishin
Former staff member

Return to Suggestion Box