Forum category suggestion

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.

Forum category suggestion

Postby ground » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:37 am

Hi

I would like to suggest additional headers/categories in this forum where one may discuss views in a fashion that is somehow removed/detached from the typical "believe/don't-believe" dichotomy that is so prominent in all the other categories.
If buddhism claims to be open to critical thinking then such kinds of forum categories should be compatible with a buddhist forum, right?
Therefore these categories should not be restricted to typical buddhist views.

For the start I have two proposals:

1) "Philosophies" (plural): all Philosophies should be allowed to be presented, even nihilistic or materialistic or hedonistic or theistic ones. It would be up to buddhists to criticise or/and analyse or/and negate non-buddhist philosophies with applied reason based on logic and/or ethics and vice versa as far as "non-buddhists" (or those who like to play this role) and buddhist philosophies are concerned.
Here should also be the place to discuss the "nature of religion" in general.

2) "Logic & dialectics"

Kind regards

ground

Re: Forum category suggestion

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

Hi TM,

I like your suggestion a lot. Maybe we ciyld see if that could work in the Dharma-Free-For-All? It might spice things up a bit. Or perhaps a comparitive religion section?

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Suggestion Box