Edward Henning (kalacakra.org) passed away

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Karinos

Edward Henning (kalacakra.org) passed away

Post by Karinos »

via Chime Rinpoche (UK) post on Facebook:

Edward Henning passed away today at Barnet Hospital just before 7pm. at his bedside was Lama Chime Rinpoche, Edward's wife, his step daughter and John Howard. We pray for Edward to be reborn in `the pure land Dewachen, We will miss him greatly

Edward was great scholar on Kalachakra and Tibetan Astrology, close disciple on Bokar Rinpoche, Tenga Rinpoche and Chime Rinpoche UK. He shared some of his expertise knowledge on this page http://kalacakra.org. Please join in prayers.

:namaste:
Malcolm

Re: Edward Henning (kalacakra.org) passed away

Post by Malcolm »

Karinos wrote:via Chime Rinpoche (UK) post on Facebook:

Edward Henning passed away today at Barnet Hospital just before 7pm. at his bedside was Lama Chime Rinpoche, Edward's wife, his step daughter and John Howard. We pray for Edward to be reborn in `the pure land Dewachen, We will miss him greatly

Edward was great scholar on Kalachakra and Tibetan Astrology, close disciple on Bokar Rinpoche, Tenga Rinpoche and Chime Rinpoche UK. He shared some of his expertise knowledge on this page http://kalacakra.org. Please join in prayers.

:namaste:

Truly a loss.
udawa

Post by udawa »

Very sorry to hear this. I have fond memories of Edward translating for Tenga Rinpoche, back in the day.

D
Edwards: You are a philosopher. Dr Johnson: I have tried too in my time to be a philosopher; but, I don't know how, cheerfulness was always breaking in.
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

Glimpses of meetings with Edward Henning (1949 - 2016)

http://www.benchen.org/en/benchen-phunt ... -1949-2016
peason

Post by peason »

I was a close friend and vajra-brother of Ed's. We took refuge with Chime Rinpoche on the same afternoon. I shared a house with him in London in the late '70s and we took many empowerments, including the Kalachakra together. Words cannot express how sorry I am to have lost him. His bardo experience will be at an end on the 2nd of Jan. and I pray from the bottom of my heart that I'll have the good fortune to recognise him again. Ed was one of a kind; acerbic, energetic ( he loved the wrathul protectors),generous, funny, infuriating and kind ( not necessarily in that order). I accidentally broke his glasses on three separate occasions, we had many fights, well, sparring matches both verbal and a few physical. I never thought I would, but I miss him more than anyone else I've known.

Return to “Shrine Room”