Putting someone out of their misery

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Pema Rigdzin

Re: Putting someone out of their misery

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

AdmiralJim wrote: ...if there is no self then I see no reason for a retributive effect on something that comes after. Confused
There is no self on the ultimate level, i.e. there is no fundamental, uncompounded, immutable essence that is self; but relatively speaking, there is a self in terms of there being a compounded continuum that functions and experiences.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Ryoto wrote:
Thug4lyfe wrote:Best thing to do is to chant the Buddha's name to da soon to die, not to mention commit meritrious deeds on their behalf!
You're giving out Dharma advice with a name like that? Is this a joke or something? :rolling:
It would seem even odder to judge a person based on his screen name rather than on the content of his post. Besides that, I think you'll find our friend "thug4lyfe" isn't exactly being serious about the thug thing.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Getting back to the OP, what happened to the bunny?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Ryoto wrote:
Thug4lyfe wrote:Best thing to do is to chant the Buddha's name to da soon to die, not to mention commit meritrious deeds on their behalf!
You're giving out Dharma advice with a name like that? Is this a joke or something? :rolling:
It would seem even odder to judge a person based on his screen name rather than on the content of his post. Besides that, I think you'll find our friend "thug4lyfe" isn't exactly being serious about the thug thing.
I have a dream that one day all men and women on Dharmawheel will not be judged on their usernames, but on the content of their posts.
Inge

Post by Inge »

catmoon wrote:Getting back to the OP, what happened to the bunny?
She is alive, the infection seems to be getting better, so maybe the wound will heal.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Inge wrote:
She is alive, the infection seems to be getting better, so maybe the wound will heal.
That's good news Inge! :smile:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Inge wrote:
Excellent news! May the bunny heal quickly and live a full and happy life.

THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Madeliaette
Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Post by Madeliaette »

Glad to hear the news is positive. (Only just catching up on threads and just caught this one, so i am a bit late.) I don't know about rabbits much - but I know that pigeons, dogs, cats all react favorably to some types of music. It might help relax the rabbit if you knew what type it responded to. Unfortunatel;y, I am not an expert on Rabbiots to suggest a genre/performer.... :shrug: (but if anyone ever has any pigeon problems.. I know just the thing to calm and relax a sick pigeon.)
Inge

Post by Inge »

Padme died monday evening. Thank you for caring about her.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

May she bunny bounce her way to a most fortunate rebirth. Little Padme has, I think, been he the focus of much caring, and has been fortunate enough to be exposed to virtuous thoughts and Dharma. You have done a marvellous thing, Inge, and one day Padme will thank you for it.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.

Return to “Alternative Health”