Curing sesame oil

Alternative/complementary health topics

Curing sesame oil

Postby Inge » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:17 pm

While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?
User avatar
Inge
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Malcolm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Inge wrote:While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?



No, but why don't you just by some high quality ayurvedic oils?
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The very meaning of the Tibetan term Dzogchen, "Great Perfection," refers to the true primordial state of every individual and not to any transcendent reality.

-- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 15197
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Inge » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Inge wrote:While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?



No, but why don't you just by some high quality ayurvedic oils?


I just assumed they would be to expensive, but a quick websearch revealed they are not. So thank you again.
User avatar
Inge
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Nemo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Who makes good Ayurvedic massage oils? I still have my stash of ancient ones. Sandalwood and camphor and Himsagar Taila were two of my favourites. I have actual snake oil as well, an old Mogul recipe. Very effective.

What I would really love right now is Mahlakshmi Vilas Ras with Gold. But you have to be very careful who you buy alchemical medicines from. I used to love taking it when I was young with chandan nadi. You would almost glow and your whole body would smell of sandalwood. Then I went into a retreat eating only black mercury and warm milk and honey. Regained my health. I was so sickly before. Does anyone still do these things? Making money and getting a career was such a mistake. Now I am just bored, worn out and old. I should go back to being a Dharma bum as soon as my youngest daughter turn 20.
User avatar
Nemo
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Malcolm » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Nemo wrote:Who makes good Ayurvedic massage oils? I still have my stash of ancient ones. Sandalwood and camphor and Himsagar Taila were two of my favourites. I have actual snake oil as well, an old Mogul recipe. Very effective.

What I would really love right now is Mahlakshmi Vilas Ras with Gold. But you have to be very careful who you buy alchemical medicines from. I used to love taking it when I was young with chandan nadi. You would almost glow and your whole body would smell of sandalwood. Then I went into a retreat eating only black mercury and warm milk and honey. Regained my health. I was so sickly before. Does anyone still do these things? Making money and getting a career was such a mistake. Now I am just bored, worn out and old. I should go back to being a Dharma bum as soon as my youngest daughter turn 20.



Sarada and Tri-health make the best that are avaiable in the US.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The very meaning of the Tibetan term Dzogchen, "Great Perfection," refers to the true primordial state of every individual and not to any transcendent reality.

-- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 15197
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Lhug-Pa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:20 am

To compliment Yantra Yoga practice, do we generally want a oil with cooling or heating properties?

And if on a budget, would either black sesame oil or coconut oil be recommended?
User avatar
Lhug-Pa
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Re: Curing sesame oil

Postby Lhug-Pa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 am

Or would a balanced—temperature and/or dosha-wise—massage oil be best?
User avatar
Lhug-Pa
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:58 pm


Return to Alternative Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

>