Greetings from the road

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Greetings from the road

Postby seekingheartwood » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 am

Hi there,

Excited to finally get involved with this website, I've heard a lot about it. I've been on a 21 month road trip all around America in an attempt to discover what the Buddha actually taught and how best to express it to Americans. I've been visiting with every Buddhist teacher I can find in an attempt to get to the heart of this stuff. I'm a firm believer that the best gift you can give is the dharma and this is what I'd like to help give to this and upcoming generations, especially if I can dispel a lot of them misconceptions and confusion about what the Buddha taught.

I am putting together a documentary film on this, but I hope the moderators won't prevent me from posting because I'm not here to promote that, and besides, it's a long ways away from being finished. I'm still out interviewing, meditating, and visiting temples, meditation groups, and monasteries. I'm only here to have an outlet to mull over a lot of what I've experienced within a good community. And hopefully people will suggest places/teachers that mean a lot to them so I can visit them.

Thanks,
Adam
seekingheartwood

Re: Greetings from the road

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 am

Sounds cool.

Welcome! :smile:
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

Great photos at your site!

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby waimengwan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:37 pm

I love road trips! Welcome :)