Greetings from Bangladesh

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
NewBuddhist

Greetings from Bangladesh

Post by NewBuddhist »

Hello Everyone, I am Bishawjit from Bangladesh. I was born and raised in a Hindu family. I hardly knew anything about Buddhism except that Buddha was an avatar of God as told in the Hindu scriptures. I was a devout Hindu until my early youth although I never extensively went through the scriptures. As I live in a country where Hindus are a minority, I was often mocked about many rituals of Hinduism especially about idol worshiping. So I began to study the holy scriptures of Hinduism starting from the Vedas to Puranas. However, I couldn't accept the meaningless myths and absurd rituals written in those books. I had been an agnostic for quite a long time :smile:

Then I read about Buddhist philosophy and it seemed very logical and down to earth to me. I still don't believe in God but I think Buddha's guidance requires no blind belief and can be invaluable to anyone in search of truth.
I try to follow the five percepts as laid down by the Buddha as much as I can. I am a new follower of Buddhist principles and I have very limited knowledge about Buddhism. I hope I will learn a lot about Buddhism from all of you.

Apologies if my English sounds incorrect
Peace
Mr. G

Re: Greetings from Bangladesh

Post by Mr. G »

Welcome NB!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi NewBuddhist, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
do_not_zzz

Post by do_not_zzz »

Namaste NewBuddhist,

Welcome to DW! I too gravitated towards Buddhism due to its practical uses in every moment of ones life.

dnz

Return to “Introductions”