Hi all

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hi all

Postby tatpurusa » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am

I have been a member of e-sangha since 2004. At the beginning there were a lot of beatiful people and things there, but some narrow-minded, intolerant attitudes manifested by certain influential minds there made me take a break from them (not from dharma) for about 3 years.
(Though I personally never had any serious confrontations there nor have I been ever banned)

When I returned there about a half a year ago, sadly I had to see that in the meantime this attitude has become even more prevailing, kind of suffocating (at least for my own personal perception).

So I feel glad to have found this forum that seems to be much more open minded.

My first contact and introduction to Tibetan traditions was by a Sakya master in 1987, but later I took refuge with Yungdrung Bön.

I feel attracted to the attitude and tradition of the Mahasiddhas: several of them initiated both Bön/Buddhist, Hindu/Buddhist and even Jaina lineages.

My main gurus (among many others I deeply respect) are Lopön Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Ramana Maharshi of Arunachala.

:ban:
tatpurusa

Re: Hi all

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 pm

tatpurusa wrote:I feel attracted to the attitude and tradition of the Mahasiddhas: several of them initiated both Bön/Buddhist, Hindu/Buddhist and even Jaina lineages.

My main gurus (among many others I deeply respect) are Lopön Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and Ramana Maharshi of Arunachala.

:ban:

No ban. :smile:

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 pm

Welcome, Tatpurusa!

I have always hoped that this forum would stay true to the essence of Buddhism while avoiding much of the negativity which has poisoned some other Buddhist forums--and it seems that this site is succeeding at this so far.

I admire the Bön lama Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche a great deal. His book "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" is awesome!

I hope you'll enjoy your time in this forum.

:anjali:
Luke

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 am

Greetings,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello, and welcome! :hi:

I am a Sakyapa too, so you're in good company! I know very little about the Bon traditions, so I look forward to your input. I find Bon to be fascinating and I'm glad that HHDL has made efforts at keeping this Tibetan religion in a position of respect.

Kind wishes,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby tatpurusa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 am

I have been away for quite some time now, and just wanted to say that
coming back now I am happy to see how this forum has come a long way.
There are a lot of valuable posts around.

Thank you and hi to all!
tatpurusa

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:03 pm

I am truly amazed, considering that no real 'self' can be said to exist in Buddhism, that in Buddhist internet forums how many conflicting personalities there are, how many people insist upon being right, and how many people only dwell in their own interpretations of things without ever really trying to understand what the other person is really saying!!! :crazy:
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby tatpurusa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

PadmaVonSamba wrote:I am truly amazed, considering that no real 'self' can be said to exist in Buddhism, :crazy:

Who is that is amazed? :popcorn:
tatpurusa

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:11 pm

tatpurusa wrote:
PadmaVonSamba wrote:I am truly amazed, considering that no real 'self' can be said to exist in Buddhism, :crazy:

Who is that is amazed?

Don't ask me. That guy left already.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby ronnewmexico » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Yes, if that guy can be found... :smile:

Shantideva V 87 C9

All form, therefore, is like a dream,
And who will be attached to it, who thus
investigates?
The body, in this way, has no existence;
What is male, therefore, and what is female?

Expanding therefor the theme expressed :smile:

Hello Tat... when I can't find what i need in the orthodoxy, and I feel I need it, I go to Bon, and there it is....
Thanks.....for being here
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Return to Introductions