Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Greetings

Postby undergrowth » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:13 am

Hey there folks,

Well, I've been a Buddhist for about 5 years. I'm not a very good practitioner, as I was given lungt (sp?) for ngondro and instructed to do 100,000 accumulations of each section of the sadhana, which I have yet to complete after more than 3 years.

Initially I was very enthusiastic, but I've been in a rut for the past couple years, and staying in contact with my teacher has proven difficult. I've gotten more involved with worldly life. I started getting into the more mundane life because I felt obligated to, and I thought I was ready for it... it seems I was mistaken. I had been sheltered and I did not predict how hard life would be once I got out on my own.

Anyway, I've got a whole sob story which I'm sure I'll post here eventually, sad sack that I am.

The reason I've decided to be part of this forum is because I want to have some contact with a sangha, and it's very hard to do that in person where I live. My wish is to become more serious about the Dharma, to finish my ngondro accumulation, and to perhaps move on to fancier, flashier, more exciting practice like dzogchen, which I'm sure will be so easy and make all my hopes and dreams come true without any real work on my part. :juggling:

Now that I've bored you all with my intolerable stupidity, I'd like to continue this trend regardless of your feelings and say that I've been a lurker here for a while, and I think it's time I became more active. Whatever my incessant study, and meager practice, of Dharma has taught me, might it help some of those less knowledgeable than me about the Dharma. And I hope that I can benefit from the considerable wisdom, virtue, and knowledge of everyone in this community.
undergrowth

Re: Greetings

Postby Tara » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:18 am

Hi undergrowth, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
Tara
Site Admin

Return to Introductions