Avidyam Sharanam Gacchami!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Avidyam Sharanam Gacchami!

Postby Kshritij » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:35 am

:twisted: Mwahaha!!!
Lobham Sharanam Gacchami! Dosham Sharanam Gacchami! Moham Sharanam Gacchami!

Those would be the 3 anti-buddhist vows... the vows proclaimed by the the Atathagata! :twisted:

Just kidding!

:D
Hello!

My name is Shre and I live in the US. I am originally from India, the land where the Buddhadharma was founded. I have learned of the middle way to liberation about 4 months ago and find that it really is quite profound. It resonates perfectly with what the world really is! Dependent Origination is true (couldn't nirvana violate this?). So is anitya, anatman, duhkha, and the 4 noble truths.

I still haven't decided whether I should follow the Theravada or the Mahayana Tradition (can someone please tell me what Madhyamika and Yogachara are?).
I am confused, because I want to be a samyaksambuddha like Siddhartha Gautama was (I should try and work hard before Nirvana), and also want to follow the correct way (the Buddha's way). I am also interested in Koans and chanting (Om Mani Padme Hum!). I also like buddhist music (even though it is craving ).
May a more experienced practicioner please recommend a good translation (into English) of the Tripitaka?
May someone please recommend any good Mahayana sutras to read? I like the Prajnaparamitahyrdam sutra.

May all beings be free of suffering and take care of themselves happily! May all beings attain Nirvana! :D :D :D
-Shre
Kshritij

Re: Avidyam Sharanam Gacchami!

Postby platypus » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Access to insight is the best translation of the tipitaka. WWW.accesstoinsight.org online.
platypus

Return to Introductions