Hi :-)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hi :-)

Postby Silent Forest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi,

I got the URL of this forum from Starglade (respectively my SO) and decided to register. As I lived in Switzerland two years ago, I used to have interesting discussions with some colleagues. Now that I moved to Germany I was looking for an interesting forum for quite some time and couldn´t find any which was not on a fluffy-bunny-level or totally new-age-esoteric forum.

I don´t actually know whether I AM a Buddhist, but it definitely is the strongest influence in my live. I myself don´t really care so much how people “classify” me, so I´ll simply let you decide ;-) . My spiritual path probably started at the age of 11 as I had really bad exam anxiety and my mom decided that a meditation course could help against it. As my colleagues (mainly Christian) had to prepare for the confirmation (mostly out of the reason that they had no choice or for all the presents) I decided, that Christianity is not the right religion for me. The more I read and developed “my own religion”, the closer it came to Buddhism.

Today I´m 35 and work as Software Engineer. Oh, and I would like to excuse my weakness in English. I hope it´ll improve with the time. If there is anything more you´d like to know, please ask. I hope we´ll get to know each other better with the time (soham).

Regards,
Silent Forest
Silent Forest

Re: Hi :-)

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello, welcome.

I only use Buddhism for the tools I find within my chosen practice. So perhaps we are similiar in a way. I call myself buddhist only for specific purposes, as I have a formal initiation it is true, in a mundane sense of things. Perhaps I am esoteric, or new age or some other things..... I work only at understanding things, and find little purpose in calling it buddhism or anything else(most commonly). My tool is firmly buddhist and that I can affirm most completely, and not just in a personal way.

Nice to meet you.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: Hi :-)

Postby Starglade » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Silent Forest wrote:Hi,

I got the URL of this forum from Starglade (respectively my SO) and decided to register. <snippage>

Hi! I've not had the pleasure of interacting with you before, but your SO and I have had a number of interesting discussions elsewhere. I'm delighted to see that you felt my humble offering of information was worthy of attention.

Your English seems just fine to me. :)
Starglade

Return to Introductions