hellobonjourkonichiwa :3

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

hellobonjourkonichiwa :3

Postby dontknowmind » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi there!

My name is Sam and I live in New Jersey USA. I am a recent graduate of high school and will be attending college in Washington DC this fall. I have had a major interest in Buddhism for the last four years and plan on sticking with it for life :twothumbsup:. I'm not formally inducted into any school because my circumstances over the past few years have limited my ability to do so, but I plan on it :mrgreen: . I also have a limited knowledge of Buddhism because of these same circumstances, so pardon me in advance if I am ignorant of certain aspects you all may know of already.

After alot of soul searching, I have decided to follow the Kwan Um School of zen, but I am open to and enjoy various other practices from different schools.

I have come to Dharma Wheel because I need the guidance of a community that can help me while on the path. I do not have support from home and very few people I know would be able to answer the questions I have. Also, there is no Sangha near where I live, and even if there was, there are no means available for me to get to one at the moment.

Any help you give, even if its just a few words of encouragement, would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

I wish you all luck on your paths and may every being find enlightenment.

:namaste: :buddha1:
Ven. Seung Sahn: This stick. This sound. This table. Are they the same or different?
Monk: *thonk*
Ven. Seung Sahn: Correct!
dontknowmind

Re: hellobonjourkonichiwa :3

Postby ronnewmexico » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Well that's very nice. Glad to see you here :smile:
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Re: hellobonjourkonichiwa :3

Postby Indrajala » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Welcome welcome! :smile:
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Return to Introductions