Hello from Shanghai

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hello from Shanghai

Postby shjohnk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:08 am

Hello All,

I am from Sydney but I currently live in Shanghai, China. I have been practicing Dharma for about two-and-a-half years, but have had several periods within that time span where my practice tailed off almost totally. But I'm back on the wagon and am seeing excellent fruits from my practioce these days, so am very encouraged. I practice Theravadin Buddhism, but have joined here to learn more about Mahayana. my wife is a practitioner of Chinese 'Pure Land' Buddhism and was the one that introduced me to the dharma :bow:. It's my belief that all our paths will lead to the same destination anyway :) Nice to be here and may you all be happy and well.

John
shjohnk

Re: Hello from Shanghai

Postby Sonrisa » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 am

Hi John!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. Even though I practice Mahayana (Pure land to be exact) Buddhism, I am still quite fond of the Theravada path. Whenever I think of it, it makes me feel happy.

Buddhadharma is Buddhadharma.

:namaste:
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.
Sonrisa

Postby Mr. G » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:26 am

Hi John, welcome. Though I'm a Tibetan Buddhist, my parents are Chinese Pure Land practitioners. When I was younger, I received instructions on Mahasi style vipassana with Dipa Ma's teacher, Ven. Rashtrapal Mahathera in Bodhgaya. :smile:
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby BFS » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:02 pm

BFS

Return to Introductions