New from Texas

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Raine

New from Texas

Post by Raine »

Hello!~

I'm brand new to Buddhism, but I'm looking for a community where I can start learning how to build a practice. I'm also trying to get in contact with a temple in order to see if I can find a teacher. I'm really leaning to Tibetan Buddhism, but I understand that one needs a teacher to practice most traditions (if not all of them entirely). So, a brand new newbie here, with very little knowledge.

A little about myself..

I love to study religion, psychology, and do general reading overall. I love to swim, cook, and sometimes garden. Uhm.. I don't do well with introductions.. Lol.

Hope to see y'all around!
DNS
Site Admin

Re: New from Texas

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

UT-Dallas alumni here.
:guns:
:cheers:
Redfaery

Post by Redfaery »

Yaaay! You made it! :hug:
NAMO SARASWATI DEVI
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - GANDHI
I am a delicate feminine flower!!!!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi Raine,

Welcome aboard! It's true, you'll need a teacher. The whole idea is to find a situation in which you can learn--a good situation for you. That may not be the same for everyone, of course; the best teacher & temple for you may not be the most famous, or the one you expect. It may require some travel and some difficult questions. The good news is that this board is pretty good at helping people find resources in their communities, so please don't hesitate to ask questions.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Redfaery, I did make it! :D

Thank you all for the welcome!
Iaznir

Post by Iaznir »

I would like as well to welcome you and wish you wonderful time spent here with us all. It is always wonderful to have a new Brothers and Sisters around enriching the Dharma community.

:anjali:
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Former San Antonian here.
Welcome!

Return to “Introductions”