A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hello from the Midwest
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:40 pm 

Hi all!

My name is Kyle and I am 25 years old. I live 50 miles north of Kansas City on the Missouri side. I have been studying Buddhism since my Sophomore year of High School, but just recently have been applying the teachings of Morality and Meditation into my daily life. Since I decided to actually start applying the practices my life has taken a major turn. For two years I've just wanted to not wake up in the morning. The past couple of weeks some awesome changes have taken place. I know I must help myself before I can help others. That however doesn't stop me from being compassionate to others and helping out in small ways until I have the wisdom to help them in bigger ways.

I'm here to read through posts and reply whenever I have something to add that might be helpful. Online forums have helped me in the past with other issues. I'm excited to start reading through the forum and meeting new people that have one common goal. Since I live 50 miles away from the nearest Buddhist center and don't have transportation at the moment I am here. I look forward to meeting all of you and adding a heart that is at peace today to this forum. Thank you all for being here and may peace be with everyone! :buddha1:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to DharmaWheel! I hope you find what you need here.

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:29 am 

Welcome to the Heartland and our blossoming Buddhist communities! I am new to Dharma Wheel, but have been the director of the Temple Buddhist Center in Kansas City for six years. We have a diverse group of traditions practicing here and will have the Buddhist Relics tour here Sept 5-7. All the information can be found on our website, www.templebuddhistcenter.org, in case it is of any interest. All the best to you on your spiritual path!