Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Greetings

Postby steve f » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello all -
My name is Steve and I'm a practitioner of Daoist meditation in a reputable lineage.
My practice has evolved over time and several experiences have led me to explore Tibetan traditions.
My Daoist school is taught to have come from the mountains of Western China, very close to Tibet.
I see some significant similarities in the energy work to what I've read about Bon and Mahamudra traditions.
In addition, I've found that my practice has come to really focus on the heart, my relationships, and compassion.
The Daoist teachings are not nearly as explicit on those topics although I do feel that the practice fosters a natural growth in this direction.
At least it seems to be doing so for me.
So I'm here to explore this further and continue to look for support and camaraderie along the way.
Well met and warm regards,
Steve
steve f

Re: Greetings

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:05 am

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby lobster » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am

Hi,

Are there disreputable Taoist lineages? Don't know, have only studied Lao Tsu and Zhuangzi . . .
Look forward to the latest Taoist gossip . .

:popcorn:
lobster

Postby Jikan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to DharmaWheel! I hope you find what you seek. You may also see some interesting similarities & differences in East Asian Buddhist traditions...

Jikan
Site Admin

Postby babage » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:48 am

My practice has evolved over time and several experiences have led me to explore Tibetan traditions.
My Daoist school is taught to have come from the mountains of Western China, very close to Tibet.
I see some significant similarities in the energy work to what I've read about Bon and Mahamudra traditions.
In addition, I've found that my practice has come to really focus on the heart, my relationships, and compassion.
The Daoist teachings are not nearly as explicit on those topics although I do feel that the practice fosters a natural growth in this direction.
At lea
pmp study guide pmp study guide
cissp practice exam cissp practice exam
ccnp course ccnp course
lsat books lsat books
babage

Return to Introductions