Back to e-sangha and remembering UrgyenTashi

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
flavio81

Back to e-sangha and remembering UrgyenTashi

Post by flavio81 »

Hi fellow buddhists!

I'm flavio81, i used to be (or i think i was) a rather active member on the e-sangha forum before its premature death. I can see many of you have moved here -- many user names sound familiar to me. I also see that Namdrol is here too; i appreciated his posts a lot.

I'm a (very mediocre) follower of the great Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rimpoche, and i had the amazing good fortune to spend a significant amount of time with him personally every time he comes to my city (Lima), and have been to most of his retreats here. I also met the late Lopon Tsechu Rimpoche when i was a little kid, something i will never forget. I really like Chogyam Trungpa's books and to research about his life, while i also like UG (Uppaluri Gopala) Krishnamurti's ramblings very much (yes, i know he wasn't buddhist, he didn't want to give any teachings as well). Not to confuse with Jiddu Krishnamurti who i don't like at all.

URGYENTASHI

It was on e-sangha that i met fellow forumer UrgyenTashi (real name B. Kiernan), who used to very active there. Long story short, he ended up moving to Lima and we became best buddies. Sadly, UrgyenTashi died a few months ago on this city, on a very shocking accident. I was his closest acquaintance here. He was like an elder brother to me and an extremely kind, fair, honest, sincere person. Remarkable guy.

It is in the memory of him that i am here.

Greetings!!
If this is a virtual sangha, do we achieve virtualization instead of realization?
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Back to e-sangha and remembering UrgyenTashi

Post by Adamantine »

flavio81 wrote:Hi fellow buddhists!

I'm flavio81, i used to be (or i think i was) a rather active member on the e-sangha forum before its premature death. I can see many of you have moved here -- many user names sound familiar to me. I also see that Namdrol is here too; i appreciated his posts a lot.

I'm a (very mediocre) follower of the great Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rimpoche, and i had the amazing good fortune to spend a significant amount of time with him personally every time he comes to my city (Lima), and have been to most of his retreats here. I also met the late Lopon Tsechu Rimpoche when i was a little kid, something i will never forget. I really like Chogyam Trungpa's books and to research about his life, while i also like UG (Uppaluri Gopala) Krishnamurti's ramblings very much (yes, i know he wasn't buddhist, he didn't want to give any teachings as well). Not to confuse with Jiddu Krishnamurti who i don't like at all.

URGYENTASHI

It was on e-sangha that i met fellow forumer UrgyenTashi (real name B. Kiernan), who used to very active there. Long story short, he ended up moving to Lima and we became best buddies. Sadly, UrgyenTashi died a few months ago on this city, on a very shocking accident. I was his closest acquaintance here. He was like an elder brother to me and an extremely kind, fair, honest, sincere person. Remarkable guy.

Greetings!!
Welcome to DW Flavio, I do remember you I think from Esangha. I certainly remember Urgyen Tashi. I am very sad to hear about his untimely death.

I will keep him in mind in my dedications. And I am sorry for your loss, best buddies are not easy to come by.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

I remember both of you ... Urgyen is in my thoughts

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

Sonam: Hi! I meant that i know i was at e-sangha, no doubt about it. From my point of view, i posted a lot there. But i doubt my point of view... Doing some forensics on my PC, i found that i was active there around 2007 (that was the date of some photoshopped Namdrol's avatar pics on my machine... perhaps i should use them again)

I'm glad to be back and glad that you remember my friend!!

My friend Bill (UrgyenTashi), due to a personal twist on his life, decided to have nothing to do with buddhism anymore. He distanced himself from buddhism for good and went into hedonistic mode. The interesting thing is that despite this, he mostly behaved like a buddhist. He never lied to me, he helped me in whatever way he could, all times. He kept a good sense of humor. He kept his anger in check most of the time. He was utterly generous, always inviting you a drink or even paying for dinner if you were cash-strapped; despite having to work sometimes 10 hours a day to earn a living.

He had way too few friends here in Lima, i wish he would have applied himself more at studying spanish to meet more people. Nevertheless i do know that the few people that he made friends with in Lima will really miss him. All friends of mine that had the chance to meet him immediately liked him. He liked dark humor, gangsta rap, and dirty jokes, but you couldn't find a more kind, honest, and respectful person, seriously.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

R.I.P.

Kevin
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome flavio from another esangha refugee. Sad to hear of your friends loss.

Hope you find some comfort here in the endless arguing and oneupmanship! :tongue:
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I remember Urgyen Tashi..
May he find great peace.

“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Welcome flavio81!

May UrgyenTashi/ B. Kiernan quickly be reborn in the Pure Lands.
:buddha1:

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

flavio81 wrote:i also like UG (Uppaluri Gopala) Krishnamurti's ramblings very much (yes, i know he wasn't buddhist, he didn't want to give any teachings as well).
I have to admit, I'm also kind of a fan of his. ;)
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

dzogchungpa wrote:
flavio81 wrote:i also like UG (Uppaluri Gopala) Krishnamurti's ramblings very much (yes, i know he wasn't buddhist, he didn't want to give any teachings as well).
I have to admit, I'm also kind of a fan of his. ;)
One of my plans is to open a thread on UG, because his philosophy has some vague paralels with Dzogchen or Mahamudra.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

flavio81 wrote:One of my plans is to open a thread on UG, because his philosophy has some vague paralels with Dzogchen or Mahamudra.
One interesting thing about UG is that apparently his mother died seven days after his birth.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Pero

Post by Pero »

flavio81 wrote:URGYENTASHI

Greetings!!
Hi Flavio, I remember you and UT. Sad to hear he has passed away.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
akiernan

Post by akiernan »

Hi Flavio

I'm Bill Kiernan's mother and found your wonderful comments about my son. I would like to know if you have any pictures of him or others you might now. I don't have many and it would be quite a help to me. You can send them to my email address, [email protected]. :thanks:
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

I don't want to interrupt anything here but just wanted to welcome Flavio and AKiernan. This board is great and I hope you both benefit from your stay here.

With metta,
Jim
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha

Return to “Introductions”