Hey Hey Hey!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hey Hey Hey!

Postby Nilasarasvati » Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 am

Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner. I guess I didn't realize I wanted to become a "regular" and things are swiftly moving that way. So I should.

My name is Cory and I'm from Utah. The Mahayana made a really deep impression on me when I was a lonely and depressed gay teenager and it only took ten years of buffet-table spirituality, a horrible experience living on Mount Wudang in China, and an encounter with an African-American Lama for me to stumble onto (And off of) the path.

I took refuge about a year and a half ago and practiced with the sangha in Salt Lake City, UT before moving back to central PA. I miss my sangha a lot and think that discussion here is a good way for me to keep the teachings in mind, although I'm worried my ego is enjoying it way too much :thinking:

Like many other obsessed fangirls, I am in love with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (not really romantically, but it might as well be). Hope that's not obnoxious.

I plan on attending the summer shedra with Khandro Rinpoche and Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche this year and hope to meet more sangha there.

my refuge name is Kunkhyen which means all-knowing; I only tell you this because I think my teacher gave it to me sort of sarcastically; I definitely have Hermoine Granger syndrome (Insufferable Know-it-All). Please knock me down a peg if you see this happening. Thank you Johnny Dangerous for already doing so :cheers:

Thank you and good night!
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Re: Hey Hey Hey!

Postby Adamantine » Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 am

Nilasarasvati wrote:Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner. I guess I didn't realize I wanted to become a "regular" and things are swiftly moving that way. So I should.

My name is Cory and I'm from Utah. The Mahayana made a really deep impression on me when I was a lonely and depressed gay teenager and it only took ten years of buffet-table spirituality, a horrible experience living on Mount Wudang in China, and an encounter with an African-American Lama for me to stumble onto (And off of) the path.

I took refuge about a year and a half ago and practiced with the sangha in Salt Lake City, UT before moving back to central PA. I miss my sangha a lot and think that discussion here is a good way for me to keep the teachings in mind, although I'm worried my ego is enjoying it way too much :thinking:

Like many other obsessed fangirls, I am in love with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (not really romantically, but it might as well be). Hope that's not obnoxious.

I plan on attending the summer shedra with Khandro Rinpoche and Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche this year and hope to meet more sangha there.

my refuge name is Kunkhyen which means all-knowing; I only tell you this because I think my teacher gave it to me sort of sarcastically; I definitely have Hermoine Granger syndrome (Insufferable Know-it-All). Please knock me down a peg if you see this happening. Thank you Johnny Dangerous for already doing so :cheers:

Thank you and good night!

Welcome Cory! I've already been appreciating your voice in the mix :cheers:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Postby Ayu » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 am

Hey :smile:
This must be a case of thought transference, because just 11 hours ago (means 10:00 p.m. in Germany) i was searching for your introduction...
:twothumbsup: Welcome,
Ayu
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** om vajra krodha hayagrīva hulu hulu hūm phat**
Ayu
Global Moderator

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 am

Welcome Cory! Interesting tale!

Khandro Rinpoche is 100% worth the effort, if she can't kick your ass along the path nobody can!

Hope you are finding what you need here at Dharma Wheel.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Jikan » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Cory, Welcome to DharmaWheel!

If you don't mind me asking, are you familiar with this group in SLC? I've been interested in their activities since they came up in the now-infamous martial arts thread.

http://urgyensamtenling.org

all the best,
Jikan
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Nilasarasvati » Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

I'm sure Khandro Rinpoche will kick my ass along the path, too. I'm sort of terrified :P

As for the group in SLC, yes--I'd say I'm very familiar with them, their style, and the Gonpa they have. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Introductions