Hey Hey Hey!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hey Hey Hey!

Postby Nilasarasvati » Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 am

Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner. I guess I didn't realize I wanted to become a "regular" and things are swiftly moving that way. So I should.

My name is Cory and I'm from Utah. The Mahayana made a really deep impression on me when I was a lonely and depressed gay teenager and it only took ten years of buffet-table spirituality, a horrible experience living on Mount Wudang in China, and an encounter with an African-American Lama for me to stumble onto (And off of) the path.

I took refuge about a year and a half ago and practiced with the sangha in Salt Lake City, UT before moving back to central PA. I miss my sangha a lot and think that discussion here is a good way for me to keep the teachings in mind, although I'm worried my ego is enjoying it way too much :thinking:

Like many other obsessed fangirls, I am in love with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (not really romantically, but it might as well be). Hope that's not obnoxious.

I plan on attending the summer shedra with Khandro Rinpoche and Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche this year and hope to meet more sangha there.

my refuge name is Kunkhyen which means all-knowing; I only tell you this because I think my teacher gave it to me sort of sarcastically; I definitely have Hermoine Granger syndrome (Insufferable Know-it-All). Please knock me down a peg if you see this happening. Thank you Johnny Dangerous for already doing so :cheers:

Thank you and good night!
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Re: Hey Hey Hey!

Postby Adamantine » Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 am

Nilasarasvati wrote:Sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner. I guess I didn't realize I wanted to become a "regular" and things are swiftly moving that way. So I should.

My name is Cory and I'm from Utah. The Mahayana made a really deep impression on me when I was a lonely and depressed gay teenager and it only took ten years of buffet-table spirituality, a horrible experience living on Mount Wudang in China, and an encounter with an African-American Lama for me to stumble onto (And off of) the path.

I took refuge about a year and a half ago and practiced with the sangha in Salt Lake City, UT before moving back to central PA. I miss my sangha a lot and think that discussion here is a good way for me to keep the teachings in mind, although I'm worried my ego is enjoying it way too much :thinking:

Like many other obsessed fangirls, I am in love with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (not really romantically, but it might as well be). Hope that's not obnoxious.

I plan on attending the summer shedra with Khandro Rinpoche and Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche this year and hope to meet more sangha there.

my refuge name is Kunkhyen which means all-knowing; I only tell you this because I think my teacher gave it to me sort of sarcastically; I definitely have Hermoine Granger syndrome (Insufferable Know-it-All). Please knock me down a peg if you see this happening. Thank you Johnny Dangerous for already doing so :cheers:

Thank you and good night!

Welcome Cory! I've already been appreciating your voice in the mix :cheers:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Postby Ayu » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 am

Hey :smile:
This must be a case of thought transference, because just 11 hours ago (means 10:00 p.m. in Germany) i was searching for your introduction...
:twothumbsup: Welcome,
Ayu
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
Ayu

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 am

Welcome Cory! Interesting tale!

Khandro Rinpoche is 100% worth the effort, if she can't kick your ass along the path nobody can!

Hope you are finding what you need here at Dharma Wheel.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Jikan » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Cory, Welcome to DharmaWheel!

If you don't mind me asking, are you familiar with this group in SLC? I've been interested in their activities since they came up in the now-infamous martial arts thread.

http://urgyensamtenling.org

all the best,
Jikan
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Nilasarasvati » Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

I'm sure Khandro Rinpoche will kick my ass along the path, too. I'm sort of terrified :P

As for the group in SLC, yes--I'd say I'm very familiar with them, their style, and the Gonpa they have. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Nilasarasvati

Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Introductions