Hola, Sangha :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

Hola, Sangha :)

Postby fourarmed&white » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

How to introduce that which lacks chatacteristics?

JK ;)

To protect myself, I don't want to list my name, but you can call me whatever you like.
I discovered Buddhadharma after hitting rock bottom at the age of 18. Wasn't a terribly low, but I'd fallen far enough into Samsara to take notice. Blah blah blah then struggled with emotional turmoil and going crazy for awhile. I actually credit my return to sanity to a mixture of refuge and magic mushrooms. (No, I'm not "that guy" I haven't done any hallucinogens for 6 or so years.)

The mushroom high gave me a taste of Emptiness, later confirmed by my teacher. Then followed Six more years of aligning my life with the Eightfold Path and learning how to rest and see during meditation. About a month ago my teacher, properly, introduced me to Vajrayana, initiating me into the tantra of Chenrezi. Basic practice I know but I've gotta start somewhere.

So o as of now my practice consists of the four immeasurables, becoming aware of my subtle body, and practicing my sadhana (Filling Space to Benefit Beings). I spend my daily life emanating as the Great Compassio Lord, and recognizing the non self existant nature of phenomena.

I'm hear to ask questions that I don't want to bother my teacher with. And to meet the Supreme Assembly that I take refuge in every day :)

May my participation on this forum be of benefit to all sentient beings. May it serve to free myself and others from the bondage of ignorant views.

Om Mani Peme Hung :anjali:
fourarmed&white

Re: Hola, Sangha :)

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Greetings from the Supreme Assembly:
Attachments
aaa3.jpg
aaa3.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 am

Welcome to Dharma Wheel! Hopefully we will be able to answer some of your questions (or at least point you towards somebody that can answer them).
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Jikan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi, Welcome to DharmaWheel!
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727
Jikan
Site Admin

Return to Introductions