Hola, Sangha :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
fourarmed&white

Hola, Sangha :)

Post by fourarmed&white »

How to introduce that which lacks chatacteristics?

JK ;)

To protect myself, I don't want to list my name, but you can call me whatever you like.
I discovered Buddhadharma after hitting rock bottom at the age of 18. Wasn't a terribly low, but I'd fallen far enough into Samsara to take notice. Blah blah blah then struggled with emotional turmoil and going crazy for awhile. I actually credit my return to sanity to a mixture of refuge and magic mushrooms. (No, I'm not "that guy" I haven't done any hallucinogens for 6 or so years.)

The mushroom high gave me a taste of Emptiness, later confirmed by my teacher. Then followed Six more years of aligning my life with the Eightfold Path and learning how to rest and see during meditation. About a month ago my teacher, properly, introduced me to Vajrayana, initiating me into the tantra of Chenrezi. Basic practice I know but I've gotta start somewhere.

So o as of now my practice consists of the four immeasurables, becoming aware of my subtle body, and practicing my sadhana (Filling Space to Benefit Beings). I spend my daily life emanating as the Great Compassio Lord, and recognizing the non self existant nature of phenomena.

I'm hear to ask questions that I don't want to bother my teacher with. And to meet the Supreme Assembly that I take refuge in every day :)

May my participation on this forum be of benefit to all sentient beings. May it serve to free myself and others from the bondage of ignorant views.

Om Mani Peme Hung :anjali:
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Hola, Sangha :)

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Greetings from the Supreme Assembly:
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel! Hopefully we will be able to answer some of your questions (or at least point you towards somebody that can answer them).
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, Welcome to DharmaWheel!

Return to “Introductions”